• Tend to dislike it and very much glad it's only a day

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • other please elaborate

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm not much of an eater myself. A few bites and I'm good. I've been known to forget to eat all day. Probably stems from the gastric bypass surgery some 12 years ago.

However, I love, Love, LOVE to cook. And I'm with Vrai on this. If I want to make something I make it. Regardless of what 'it' is.

My Mother always said my eyes were bigger than my stomach. It's still true today. I can fill up a plate at a buffet with a lot of food but halfway through I get full - no more for me. I'm a waste of money at a buffet.

Tami2red

My Mother always said my eyes were bigger than my stomach. It's still true today. I can fill up a plate at a buffet with a lot of food but halfway through I get full - no more for me. I'm a waste of money at a buffet.

Me too! DH doesn't even like going to a regular restaurant with me. I end up bringing most of my meal home! LOL

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Monello made a rib roast a couple months ago "just because" (because it was a great price at the commissary) and I usually do a couple three a year when I find them on sale. I don't bake, and I've never made stuffed ham (it's on the list to try), but roasting a turkey is no big deal. Monello just hand made several dozen chocolate truffles "just because".

I guess I don't really think of certain foods as "special", and I realize I'm in the minority with that.
some foods just seem more like special occasion foods than others. I'd not make a rib roast for a Sunday dinner, but I'd make rib steaks for a Tuesday night. Same food, just one's a special occasion and the other isn't.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
some foods just seem more like special occasion foods than others.

Ugh, that was my least favorite part of being a kid: having to wait for a special occasion before I could have some food I was craving. My mom would only make runzas for special occasions and I wanted them all the time. Now I'm grown up and my own boss and, damn it, I have runzas when I want them. :burning:lol

My first husband and I would have birthday cake just for the heck of it - just because we could - but we outgrew it after a few years.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I ADORE Thanksgiving. It is the true meaning of an uncomplicated family gathering: no presents to buy, no stupid birthday songs to sing, no pressure to do anything other than eat.

Seriously, what could be better than a day, singularly devoted to eating amazing food, and being thankful for it? Other than, perhaps, a week of gluttony and thankfulness.

That right there is why I enjoy it. :clap:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I really loved my family getting together at the holidays and now I have no immediate family left but my brother. We live so far apart, we don't get to see each other often. My late sister's daughters are also pretty far from me, so anytime any of us can get together now, it is like a holiday to me. OTOH, Foxhound has a pretty big family and they all have welcomed me and The Things into their family with wide open arms. I really love the holidays with them - lots of family, lots of food, and lots of conversation all over the place! And everyone gets along, too. :yay:

Before I met FH, when I couldn't get together with my own family - The Things and I would get together with friends who are just like family.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My family doesn't like to talk at meals. We like to eat. Come to think of it, we don't like to talk much at all, but we sure as heck like good food.

We are a blab fest. There is ALWAYS numerous GREAT conversations going on and that is the ONLY think I hate about TG; not being able to be part of every single one.

Old people convo. Young people convo. Middle aged conv. People you haven't seen in a year convo. And NONE of it is 'uh, well, so, uh, how is the weather out your way?' It is all inspired, animated and interesting.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like a holiday built around food, there are some things you just wouldnt make without an excuse.

Yup. The great big turkey, 2 different stuffings, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, a couple gravy's, 2 different cranberries, something green, sour kraut and some rolls.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Ugh, that was my least favorite part of being a kid: having to wait for a special occasion before I could have some food I was craving. My mom would only make runzas for special occasions and I wanted them all the time. Now I'm grown up and my own boss and, damn it, I have runzas when I want them. :burning:lol

My first husband and I would have birthday cake just for the heck of it - just because we could - but we outgrew it after a few years.
Do you use cabbage or sauerkraut for your runzas?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
have to give them a try, it looked like a German version of an egg roll.

Fair enough but, it's not fried. And some put cheese in them.

Burger browned with lots of onions, season to taste, cabbage, cheese if you like, dough, roll 'em up, bake 'em and dip with mustard.

It's not a burger. It's a Runza, meal in a bunza!

FABULOUS

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
this .....

thanksgiving.jpg