Do you mail donation to you rescue squad yearly?

Do you donate to you local rescue squad?

• Yes, I mail in a monetary donation yearly.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Sometimes, depending on my financial state for that year.

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Nope, I don't see why I should have to send money.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Upon recieving the annual fundraiser mail from my local rescue squad yesterday it made me wonder how many in our community donate yearly to keep their local squad operational.

NOTE: This survey is only about the rescue squad which is seperate from the fire department because since most fire departments have their own community event fundraisers (carnivals and such) folks tend to donate at the events rather than write a check.

John Z

if you will
Funny thing, the rescue squad (and the fire dept) don't seem to send a plea each year. I know I shouldn't wait for their mailing, but when I do get something in the mail, I contribute. So I do it annually when they ask each year. Otherwise, I forget.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually my local fire department and rescue squad each send annual requests for donations, and my husband and I each make a donation to both.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a guy that comes around every year and I give him a check directly. I don't think I've ever received anything in the mail from them.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Does he look like any of the guys from the calendar? Because if they came by asking for donations in person, I feel positive I'd increase my donation amount. :angel:

Attachments

• firemen.jpg
    firemen.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 93
There's a guy that comes around every year and I give him a check directly. I don't think I've ever received anything in the mail from them.

I used to give that guy a check too, until I talked with one of my co-workers who is a part of the Rescue Squad. He said those people represent themselves as Rescue Squad, but really are not, and less then half of your donation actually goes to the squad.

Vince

Funny thing, the rescue squad (and the fire dept) don't seem to send a plea each year. I know I shouldn't wait for their mailing, but when I do get something in the mail, I contribute. So I do it annually when they ask each year. Otherwise, I forget.
Same here. If they send something in the mail, I'll send something back. Otherwise, I'll forget.

Does he look like any of the guys from the calendar? Because if they came by asking for donations in person, I feel positive I'd increase my donation amount. :angel:
Holy crap! If our firemen looked like that do you know how many "spontaneous" fires would be springing up in our area on a regular basis?!? :hot:

suthrncom4t

We've only been in Calvert 2 yrs...have never received anything from the Rescue Squad, but do get the mailings for the Fire Dept. I was writing 2 checks (June/Dec), but just today decided it may be easier for our household to make monthly contributions & have the yearly amount divided up. Hope that's okay...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Upon recieving the annual fundraiser mail from my local rescue squad yesterday it made me wonder how many in our community donate yearly to keep their local squad operational.

NOTE: This survey is only about the rescue squad which is seperate from the fire department because since most fire departments have their own community event fundraisers (carnivals and such) folks tend to donate at the events rather than write a check.

You should stick a few extra bucks in there for me.

:evil:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to give that guy a check too, until I talked with one of my co-workers who is a part of the Rescue Squad. He said those people represent themselves as Rescue Squad, but really are not, and less then half of your donation actually goes to the squad.

Nah, I know this guy - he's Rescue Squad.

sm8

I really like the bucket drives. I know it is alot of work on behalf of the volunteers that stand out collecting donations but it gives people who may not be able to donate a lot of money at a time to give what they can. It also brings it to many people's attention who just get caught up in life and do not think about it.