Do you remember when?

BOP

The person who took the pic said it's on the wall of Old Towne Pub...they'll try to take a more straight on shot next time.

Grumpy

I remember $2.00 was good for a pack of cigs and a 6-pack of Schlitz beer at a local drive thru window. $2.99 for a case of Black Label bottles. $1.00 pitchers of draft beer at the Crazy Horse in Georgetown on Sunday nights.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
PREMO Member
When I was in college during the late 70's up in Vermont, the local grocery chain (Grand Union) had their own brand of beer, made by Narraganset I think, which went for 79¢ a six, 69¢ if you had the weekly coupon.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pennie's :lol: Food was before my time; by the time I was going to Pennie's it was a crap bar music venue and you wouldn't eat anything there even if they offered it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I like that they serve fresh killed chicken, but does it cost more to have it cooked.

Reactions: BOP

jazz lady

~*~ rara avis ~*~
I actually do. My uncle and future aunt had their wedding reception there in 1967. We came down from Massachusetts to attend. My first memory of St. Mary's County. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Pennie's!! Could get in "to dance only " when I was 16. :whistle:

Had my first Sloe Gin Fizzes and Tequila Sunrises there. :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hell, I can't remember that part! :lol:

We didn't go there many times, to be honest. By the time I was 18, we'd moved on to the "better" places. :lmao:
I went there with my then husband for a wedding. I don't know if it lasted.