Do you remember when?

BOP

Found on FB...

BOP

The person who took the pic said it's on the wall of Old Towne Pub...they'll try to take a more straight on shot next time.

Grumpy

I remember $2.00 was good for a pack of cigs and a 6-pack of Schlitz beer at a local drive thru window. $2.99 for a case of Black Label bottles. $1.00 pitchers of draft beer at the Crazy Horse in Georgetown on Sunday nights.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
When I was in college during the late 70's up in Vermont, the local grocery chain (Grand Union) had their own brand of beer, made by Narraganset I think, which went for 79¢ a six, 69¢ if you had the weekly coupon.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pennie's :lol: Food was before my time; by the time I was going to Pennie's it was a crap bar music venue and you wouldn't eat anything there even if they offered it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I actually do. My uncle and future aunt had their wedding reception there in 1967. We came down from Massachusetts to attend. My first memory of St. Mary's County. :lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Pennie's!! Could get in "to dance only " when I was 16. :whistle:

Had my first Sloe Gin Fizzes and Tequila Sunrises there. :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hell, I can't remember that part! :lol:

We didn't go there many times, to be honest. By the time I was 18, we'd moved on to the "better" places. :lmao:
I went there with my then husband for a wedding. I don't know if it lasted.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
I know it's just a typo, but find it odd they offer dinner from midnight until noon.
That's noon to midnight. Why, because P.M. starts at 12:01 pm. An hour is 60 minutes and you can't start counting at 0, you have to start at 1.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Do you remember when you could go down the alley to Duke's drive up window in Leonardtown and get a mixed drink to go? I do, :D
A Tom Collins from the drive through was like a liquid Sweet Tart. Pop's city cousin and I played in a band together in the early 80s, and after band practice we'd swing through to get an 8 pack of ponies. Most of the time he'd have to front it to us until payday. Seems like we were always broke back then. I believe it was $2.50 with tax.