Do you still wear a mask?

Now that the mask mandate is "over" do you still wear one voluntarily if not required?

• No. I've been vaccinated

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • No, and I'm not vaccinated

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Yes, although I have been vaccinated

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Yes, because I haven't been vaccinated

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters

Blister

I went to Food Lion today and there was a sign on the door that said "....blah, blah, blah, mask". I didn't want to waste my
Saturday putting in my glasses and reading a page of small print. So I put on a mask and went in. Probably the customerswere 1/3 masked, 2/3 not. Asked a store worker if masks were required and she jabbered on for 5 minutes telling me that I was coming in to her house and she has to wear one but I don't, repeating herself at least 3 times.

Maybe I will start a poll to see if anyone can answer a question with a simple yes or no.

glhs837

Power with Control
I went to Food Lion today and there was a sign on the door that said "....blah, blah, blah, mask". I didn't want to waste my
Saturday putting in my glasses and reading a page of small print. So I put on a mask and went in. Probably the customerswere 1/3 masked, 2/3 not. Asked a store worker if masks were required and she jabbered on for 5 minutes telling me that I was coming in to her house and she has to wear one but I don't, repeating herself at least 3 times.

Maybe I will start a poll to see if anyone can answer a question with a simple yes or no.

See, forcing black and white choices on people in an uncertain world.....not sure about that. :)

wittykitty

I still wear a mask because I am not fully vaccinated after having an anaphylactic reaction to the first dose. I know a few people who are not vaccinated but choose not to wear their masks, either. So...yea...
I also have an allergy to perfume alcohols, and this current situation allows me to wear a mask for my own protection without people staring at me and judging. Plus, given my career path, I have always been very cautious about infection control.

wittykitty

Considering your reaction, are you going to be able to get the second shot now? I admire your reasoning behind wearing the mask - doing the same thing and it's not that big a deal to me either. And bonus - I find that people tend to ignore me with a mask on; more than good with that.
🤗 @SailorGirl, thank you.
To be completely honest, I am now terrified of pursuing further vaccination. I wasn’t worried about it to begin with, and I actually felt a strong responsibility to participate.

According to the manufacturer’s recommendations, I am not advised to have the second dose at all. I was referred to an allergist, so that I may pursue the second dose, but I am struggling to make myself to go through with it.

wittykitty

I wouldn't get a second dose either if I were you - struggling to get the first as it is - that's fear of needles though. You may just be one of those people that have to be in the percentage that can't take it, but would be safe or at least safer, if and when we reach 70 percent. I'm not saying it right, but you probably understand me anyway. So for your sake, I hope we reach that 70 - 80 percent and you're protected. You're a nice person, one day I hope everyone else feels that same strong responsibility to participate as you did. :huggy:
That made perfect sense, and perhaps someday we can move past this craziness!
I’m actually enjoying several of the pandemic “limitations” because they no longer appear so unusual 😆
Thank you for your kindness, SG 🤗