Do you support Abortion?

Do you support a mother's right to choose Abortion?

• Yes, I support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No, I do not support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Z

zuchick

A simply question.. Myself I do not support abortion and thank God I have never been placed in a situation where I had to choose between the life of one of my children and my wife.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm all for abortion because I think any woman who would chop her baby into pieces probably shouldn't be raising children. I'd rather see it get sucked out with a vacuum prior to birth than turn into another one of our abused and neglected children in this country.

I just want to see some honesty on this issue. Let's call it what it is - infanticide - then decide whether we think it's okay for women to kill their unborn child.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by dustin
Where's the undecided button?

What about rape victims?

now where's my :popcorn:

Ask the child when it grows up..

Consider this, if you were the result of a rape, would you want to have been aborted? Of course this is a rhetorical question, but it does make you think..

Myself, had I been the result of a rape, I would not have wanted to been aborted. Of course there are those who would think other wise of me, but I have 4 wonderful children and 8 wonderful grandchildren who would not have existed had I been aborted.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I'm all for abortion because I think any woman who would chop her baby into pieces probably shouldn't be raising children. I'd rather see it get sucked out with a vacuum prior to birth than turn into another one of our abused and neglected children in this country.

I just want to see some honesty on this issue. Let's call it what it is - infanticide - then decide whether we think it's okay for women to kill their unborn child.
I of course, voted No... BUT - I am sitting here in awe of Vrai's post. I cannot believe that I have been here for a year and a half and never before understood her view point. Wow! I think I get it! Way to send that point home. :smile:

Z

zuchick

For some reason Vrai, you seem contradicting.

lfquade

Its obvious you have never seen one performed? A baby almost fullterm sucked out and stabbed in the back of the head, you think that better then living in this world, I don't think so. I'm against it all together.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by lfquade
Its obvious you have never seen one performed? A baby almost fullterm sucked out and stabbed in the back of the head, you think that better then living in this world, I don't think so. I'm against it all together.
Ok.... Maybe I'm smoking crack again... but I don't think we are talking about partial birth abortion. :frown:

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Kain99
I of course, voted No... BUT - I am sitting here in awe of Vrai's post. I cannot believe that I have been here for a year and a half and never before understood her view point. Wow! I think I get it! Way to send that point home. :smile:

Kain99, don't be so quick to judge her and re-read what she said. I believe she was speking out of frustration. I get the feeling that she does not truly support Abortion, just frustrated as I'm sure most of us are that better information and options are not availble which could do away with the need for such murder.

Z

zuchick

Why do you feel that way?

Because of this Vrai, "I just want to see some honesty on this issue. Let's call it what it is - infanticide - then decide whether we think it's okay for women to kill their unborn child.". Sounds like frustration to me.

dustin

UAIOE
I just can't throw all my egg's in one basket on something like this.

But who are we to decide the fate of a child?

Are there acceptable terms for abortion by pro-choice americans by society's "standards"?

I just can't say one way or another which I would choose if faced to make a decision. I just hope I don't have to make that decision.

I do believe the government shouldnt have any say so in this matter, but that doesnt mean I'm prochoice, just that they should stay out of it.

Back to the ballgame....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Its obvious you have never seen one performed?
Nope - just in films in health class when I was in high school. And we're not talking about partial birth abortion, which is what you described. For the record, I'm AGAINST that because I think it's barbaric and disgusting.

But now that I think about it, women who'd do THAT are even less attractive as parents than women who would suck out their first trimester blood blob. So let me think about that and get back with you.

lfquade

Nope - just in films in health class when I was in high school. And we're not talking about partial birth abortion, which is what you described. For the record, I'm AGAINST that because I think it's barbaric and disgusting.

But now that I think about it, women who'd do THAT are even less attractive as parents than women who would suck out their first trimester blood blob. So let me think about that and get back with you.

To me any kind of abortions are nasty and wrong, but thats my opinion. I would never have one done. But I can't stop anyone from doing what they want.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
What about a "Father's" right?

If the woman doesn't want the baby and the father does (this may be extremely rare) why can't she have the baby and sign it over to him?

Why give women all the power in this decision? Don't tell me because it's their body. Think about the question.

What about the women who get pregnant and keep the baby against the man's will so they can suck child support out of him for 18 years? Why can't it go the other way?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by zuchick
Sounds like frustration to me.
Okay, I hear ya. What I'd REALLY like to see is more responsible sex practices so women never have to worry about abortion. I don't think that's going to happen so I'd rather the woman just get rid of the fetus rather than have some poor little kid hanging around with a parent that doesn't want it.

K

Kain99

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ABORTION IS ABORTION..... DUR
Don't roll your eyes at me little girl! :wink:

This subject is riddled with enormous pain. Both sides feel it. At the end of the day life is life.

Zuchick, I get your point but I see hers too. Why force a mother who will ultimately harm her babies to have them?

Add me to the list of conflicted... For the first time in my life. :frown:

lfquade

Originally posted by zuchick
Actually Ifquade Abortion is Murder.

No, I was replying to a post that was referring to partial birth and I said abortion is abortion, sorry if you misunderstood.