Do you think maybe he's just senile?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
OMG the stuff I've been seeing on the news clips tonight alone have had me laughing out loud. :lmao:

officeguy

Yet if trump transposes some numbers, it is a clear sign that he is demented or crazy.

My liberal friends are frightened.

officeguy

I swear they have fitted him with an in-ear hearing aid that is linked to a team of 'gaffe-checkers' who can feed him the correct version which allows him to come back 30seconds later and say 'did I say late 70s, I meant early 60s'

GregV814

Oh come on now guys, give him a break. I remember it well.... Joe was standing at the helm of the Lusitania with Admiral Halsey when Paul McCartney broke into a song about giving Ireland back to the Irish when President McKinley was shot by Efrem Zimbalist Jr. it was a traumatic time and Joe just made a harmless mis-cue.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I almost feel sorry for him. I honestly don't think he wants this; he just feels pressured to run. He definitely has some cognitive issues going on. Having a mom how is in mid-late-stage Alzheimer's, I don't find any of it something to joke about; if that is Joe's problem. If there are some dementia issues going on, he needs to recognize this and get out now, for his party and this country. And I hope his neurosurgeon isn't lying about his condition. It's not worth losing such a career over political expediency.

Hijinx

If he were elected,---and I don't think it will happen, he will merely sit in the seat while the Democrats pull his strings.

But isn't that all he has ever done?

Hijinx

I almost feel sorry for him. I honestly don't think he wants this; he just feels pressured to run. He definitely has some cognitive issues going on. Having a mom how is in mid-late-stage Alzheimer's, I don't find any of it something to joke about; if that is Joe's problem. If there are some dementia issues going on, he needs to recognize this and get out now, for his party and this country. And I hope his neurosurgeon isn't lying about his condition. It's not worth losing such a career over political expediency.
But isn't it pretty scary that the Demorats top runner for the Presidency, and the Democrat Speaker of the House are both showing signs of suffering from the beginnings of Dementia?

Midnightrider

Joe certainly is a gaff machine, but the irony of Trumpers trying to make that into an issue is stunning. You guys have been on a 4 year ‘he didn’t mean what he just said’ bender.

This_person

Uncle Joe remembers when RFK and MLK were assassinated....in the 70s.
He's been in government since 1970, when he became city council member. He became a Senator in 1973.

He's been lying and exaggerating to the public for 49 years. Only recently has there been good ability to see how much he lies, and record it for many more to see.

I don't think he's too old, or senile, nor do I think he has signs of dementia setting in. We know he plagiarized papers, and has had numerous brain aneurysms. The sum total of all of this tells me that he is what is kindly referred to as "slow", and a liar. He's had no consequence for lying, so he's never had to stop. He just assumes that he won't be called on it, and for the most part he's not ever called on it. This will disappear from the common knowledge and be forgotten very quickly. Like all of his other lies, exaggerations, and problems.

This_person

Joe certainly is a gaff machine, but the irony of Trumpers trying to make that into an issue is stunning. You guys have been on a 4 year ‘he didn’t mean what he just said’ bender.
See, and I think it's the opposite that's true. Folks like you who think Trump is a racist for saying some people crossing the border illegally aren't good folks are saying Joe's fine, though he says you can't go to a 7-11 unless you speak a foreign language, or that Barry Obama is great because he's clean and articulate, or poor kids are as smart as white kids.

You lose all credibility in claiming Trump's lack of disciplined speech is a problem for him as president unless you say the same about Biden. We openly admit Trump says things in a way that is blunt and could be considered offensive, but we like him anyway because we get where it is coming from. Folks like you and Sapster and others can't say, "Joe's a racist, but that's just because he is stupid" like we can say, "Trump is a bully, but that is because he's a multi-billionaire who bullied his way into great deals so it's worked for him."

Do you denounce Biden, or just Trump?

Don't answer, we know the answer.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But isn't it pretty scary that the Demorats top runner for the Presidency, and the Democrat Speaker of the House are both showing signs of suffering from the beginnings of Dementia?

I don't know if scary is the word I'd use in regards to them personally. It's more about the people who keep electing them. It's kind of funny that since AOC came along, suddenly Pelosi starts looking more congent. Knowing that there are parts of this country willing to elect people like the 'Gang of 4 year olds', that's pretty scary.

awpitt

Main Streeter
With all of Trump's false claims that he makes on a continuing and regular bases, I'd think Biden's gaffs would fit right in.

GregV814

You know, I have believed for a while now that ole Joe and AOC were just useful idiot deflections. Like a boxer or illusionist, “ watch this hand while the other hand is pulling a fast one”. Beware.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, THAT is an honest and fair take on it!

You think so? Because here we are talking about Biden, and the libs have to jump in and go, "Yabbut TRUMP!!!"

When Joe misstates facts, and he does it often, it's called a "gaffe". When Trump misspells a word, he's a LIAR! And a RACIST!

awpitt

Main Streeter
You think so? Because here we are talking about Biden, and the libs have to jump in and go, "Yabbut TRUMP!!!"

When Joe misstates facts, and he does it often, it's called a "gaffe". When Trump misspells a word, he's a LIAR! And a RACIST!

Well, not being a "lib", I realize you are right. So, I'll restate.....

With all of Trump's gaffs that he makes on a continuing and regular bases, I'd think Biden's gaffs would fit right in.

This_person

That's not what Pitt was doing, though. That's why I said his was honest. He was saying, "they both say dumb crap, so let's agree that they both say dumb crap!"

They DO both say dumb crap. Given that, it's fair to say that.

Any Trumper who is going after Biden needs to be consistent in that Trump exaggerates and sometimes outright lies (whether it's due to being fed wrong information or not). Trump couldn't be a racist if his life depended on it, so that is a very different thing. But, one needs to acknowledge that Trump is not always factually accurate - and, for the most part, people who support Trump do admit that. We don't pull that stuff they did with AOC where they said it was a lie to say she faked a photo at a parking lot (their reason - it was a road, not a parking lot). We say, "yeah, what's the difference between 11 million and 16 million in swayed votes - the bottom line is Google swayed votes."

Any Biden supporter has to immediately stop going after Trump for "misstatements", or be forever deemed not worthy of discussion. Biden is clearly a racist, though I don't think a mean one. I think he just is surprised - happily so - when he sees a smart black person. He's that kind of racist.