Do you think Trump will be the first President to flee the country after he resigns/ is impeached?

The Boss

Then why is it wrong for Trump to have Ukraine investigate Biden?
Been answered.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...p-withhold-aid-ukraine-timeline-whistleblower

The Eastern European nation was expecting nearly $400 million in US support — including weapons, training, and advisers — to boost its effort to fight off Russia which invaded the country in 2014.

But by the time Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky got on the now infamous July 25 call with Trump, that aid had yet to be sent. It’s therefore no surprise Zelensky mentioned the assistance to Trump, to which Trump responded he’d like Zelensky to do him a “favor” in return: investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son.

It certainly seems like a quid pro quo was pretty clearly implied: You want your aid? Help me dig up dirt on my 2020 political rival.

This_person

No, you haven't . They are all made up exaggeration to scare Americans.
Continuing from the bottom: Reparations
The Guardian said:
Elizabeth Warren, Massachusetts senator
Position? Tentative support.

Julián Castro, former San Antonio mayor
Position?
Tentative support.

Beto O’Rourke, former Texas congressman
Position?
Tentative support.

Marianne Williamson, self-help author
Position?
In favour.

This_person

Been answered.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...p-withhold-aid-ukraine-timeline-whistleblower

The Eastern European nation was expecting nearly $400 million in US support — including weapons, training, and advisers — to boost its effort to fight off Russia which invaded the country in 2014.

But by the time Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky got on the now infamous July 25 call with Trump, that aid had yet to be sent. It’s therefore no surprise Zelensky mentioned the assistance to Trump, to which Trump responded he’d like Zelensky to do him a “favor” in return: investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son.

It certainly seems like a quid pro quo was pretty clearly implied: You want your aid? Help me dig up dirt on my 2020 political rival.
Yet, you can't find the quote that says anything to that effect, Zelensky has said it didn't happen, Zelensky already (long before the call) had reopened the investigation, the aid was stopped long, long, long before the call......it seems none of your conjecture is backed up by facts.

Meanwhile, that doesn't answer the question - Since Biden openly said he used the power of his office to influence a foreign country for the gain of his son, why shouldn't the truth or falseness of that be looked into? There's no ambiguity in Biden's words - one does not need to infer it from Biden's implication - he said he did it point blank. "Well, son of a bitch, 6 hours later he was fired and replaced by a guy who is solid."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Been answered.

So why did Zelensky later state that he was not aware of any aid being delayed?

Vox, eh?....:killingme

PsyOps

Pixelated
Been answered.

This is a bunch of fabricate BS. The transcript of the call is clear that Trump never demanded anything from Zelenskyy. He requested he "look into [it]" regarding Biden and Crowdstrike. Not one part of the conversation showed Trump threatening to withhold anything from Ukraine. Just because Vox and your other biased sources assert this doesn't make it so. In fact Vox even caveat-ed their claim in your posted article by stating "pretty clearly implied". That, my friend, is an assertion, not a fact.

This_person

This is a bunch of fabricate BS. The transcript of the call is clear that Trump never demanded anything from Zelenskyy. He requested he "look into [it]" regarding Biden and Crowdstrike. Not one part of the conversation showed Trump threatening to withhold anything from Ukraine. Just because Vox and your other biased sources assert this doesn't make it so. In fact Vox even caveat-ed their claim in your posted article by stating "pretty clearly implied". That, my friend, is an assertion, not a fact.
No, Psy, Boss said that it is clear in the transcript. I'm just waiting on Boss to tell me where in the transcript it is clear. I'm sure Boss will be along shortly with the quote to show us how wrong we (and any thinking person ever) is wrong, and our lying eyes should not be believed.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I got to hand it to you guys wasting time arguing with an MPD that continually throws out crap to get/keep you stirred up.
Agreed. Especially one so heavily invested in Movie #2*

*Scott Adams "Two Movies" paradigm.

--- End of line (MCP)

The Boss

He requested he "look into [it]" regarding Biden and Crowdstrike. Not one part of the conversation showed Trump threatening to withhold anything from Ukraine. Just because Vox and your other biased sources assert this doesn't make it so. In fact Vox even caveat-ed their claim in your posted article by stating "pretty clearly implied". That, my friend, is an assertion, not a fact.
When the Ukrania President brought up the Aid , trump went straight to the ............."request".You can spin it all you want but it was an impeachable act. Again let the ...inquiry" figure it out.

This_person

When the Ukrania President brought up the Aid , trump went straight to the ............."request".You can spin it all you want but it was an impeachable act. Again let the ...inquiry" figure it out.
Still can't find it in the transcript, huh?

And, you didn't know Biden actually admitted - point blank, no inference, no dog whistles - to actually DOING what you suggest Trump maybe implied he might have done? What do you say now that you know?

As far as "impeachable" goes, pretty much anything and everything is an impeachable act, IAW the Constitution. See, if you've ever read it, you'll find out that it doesn't say much about what is impeachable, just that it's up to the House to decide.

So far, they've decided to do secret, behind-doors interviews and offer no fourth amendment or fifth amendment protections to the accused. So far, they've shared no evidence with the People or the accused, as required by our system of jurisprudence. So far, every accusation has been soundly disproven

If the House wants to impeach, they certainly should do so. Just follow the process of starting an impeachment inquiry by holding a House vote to do so, and then they will have subpoena authority to get whatever information exists out there. But, the defense will also be able to provide information. Since they know their cover is a lie, they won't do that now, will they?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Please quote the specific line/s where Zelenskyy brought up "aid".
Please provide the line/s where Trump threatened to withhold any sort of aid unless Zelenskyy looked into Crowdstrike and the Bidens.

The Boss

Please quote the specific line/s where Zelenskyy brought up "aid".
Please provide the line/s where Trump threatened to withhold any sort of aid unless Zelenskyy looked into Crowdstrike and the Bidens.

. That aid was blocked by the White House until Sept. 11 and has since been released. It must be spent before Sept. 30, the end of the fiscal year.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/24/tru...nd-unredacted-transcript-of-ukraine-call.html

Shortly before his call with Ukraine’s leader, Trump had ordered a hold on $400 million in military aid to that country.