Do you tip your cleaning crew during hotel stay?

Do you tip your hotel maid service?

• Never. It's part of the price I paid up front.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Only if the service is above and beyond normal expectations.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Always a couple bucks for each night.

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Always a ten or so for each night.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris0nllyn

You are a bad person.

Why?

I always keep the do no disturb sign up during my stay and clean up after myself.

Maybe they should be the ones demanding $15/hr wage.

I just think tips should be given to those with impeccable customer service, as in, one on one. Would you tip your trash man or dry cleaner?

Last edited:

Roman

We always tip. I was a housekeeper while I was in High School, and appreciated every cent. You could say I earned every penny. I could tell some stories about some of the rooms that I had to clean, but I won't. :faint:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These days you never see a white maid at a motel, or even a black maid - they're almost always Hispanics who don't speak English. There's a reason for that. I was a maid at a Motel 6 for less than a week when I was a kid. WORST JOB EVER!! There's no amount of money that would get me to take that job again.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We always tip. I was a housekeeper while I was in High School, and appreciated every cent. You could say I earned every penny. I could tell some stories about some of the rooms that I had to clean, but I won't. :faint:

Awful. I've been bartender to two different hotel restaurants, one a privately run pricey inn and spa, and the other a Hilton Garden Inn, both included light room-service attendance. I still have nightmares of some of the situations I had to deal with :shocking: Cops, drugs, nekkid people, advances, ...blech.

I was offered a cleaning position at the private hotel after awhile, similar pay but better hours that could work around my college classes....refused. Couldn't pay me enough to deal with those rooms on a regular basis.

My father is a pilot and spends 65% of the year living out of hotel rooms. He always leaves a couple bucks each night. I try to as well, as long as I remember to actually carry cash.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
These days you never see a white maid at a motel, or even a black maid - they're almost always Hispanics who don't speak English. There's a reason for that. I was a maid at a Motel 6 for less than a week when I was a kid. WORST JOB EVER!! There's no amount of money that would get me to take that job again.

I saw 2 white girls cleaning rooms at a lodge in upstate NY, near Queensburry :faint: last week, on a business trip

This_person

I travel frequently. If I leave a big mess or don't do my dishes or something like that, I leave a decent tip. If I just have a standard stay I think it's just part of the standard fee for the room.