Doctored Pelosi interview video

BOP

Sapidus

AND!

Wow, a whopping 1.8 million! Why, that's roughly 1/2 of 1% of the country! :yikes:

:rolleyes:

Big deal. There are 325 MILLION people in the US. The percentage of Americans who saw that vid is right next door to zero. So why is it a "news" story?

First of all the is 20X the amount of people the last election was decided by so to claim it is insignificant is just dumb.

Second of all because once again there is a concerted effort by our President to push fake news about the Speaker Of the house ( the second in the line of succession) to try to diminish public opinion of her and take the focus of himself for being a raving lunatic who is terrible at negotiating.

rmorse

Because once again there is a concerted effort by our President to push fake news about the Speaker Of the house ( the second in the line of succession) to try to diminish public opinion of her and take the focus of himself for being a raving lunatic who is terrible at negotiating.

So...politics?

rmorse

When was the last time another politician posted a completely fake video of another politician? or you know the fake news Trump is always crying about?

Are you familiar with the word "analogy?" In this case, we're not looking for an exact same scenario. Rather, a similar analogous scenario. I.e., a politician spreading misinformation/half-truths/manipulated data in order to make the other party look bad.

Sapidus

Are you familiar with the word "analogy?" In this case, we're not looking for an exact same scenario. Rather, a similar analogous scenario. I.e., a politician spreading misinformation/half-truths/manipulated data in order to make the other party look bad.

I am.

However as i stated earlier this is a new low and using a doctored video to make something appear different than it actually is has never been done before.

Do you think a speeding ticket for going 56 in a 55 is the same as doing 120 in a 55? That is an analogy

rmorse

I am.

However as i stated earlier this is a new low and using a doctored video to make something appear different than it actually is has never been done before.

Do you think a speeding ticket for going 56 in a 55 is the same as doing 120 in a 55? That is an analogy

No I don't. I agree that they aren't on the same level but I disagree with your speeding example. A better example might be asking "do you think a speeding ticket for going 95 in a 55 is the same as doing 100 in a 55?"

Look at the brutal political attacks on Obama and Trump, as well as their supporters. Don't feign outrage over the use of a video when you've seen what the last decade has brought.

Besides, it's 2019. It's not so much a new low as it's using more readily available technology.

Do you think that Trump knew it was a doctored video?

This_person

When was the last time another politician posted a completely fake video of another politician? or you know the fake news Trump is always crying about?
Who is the politician that posted a completely fake video of another politician?

Be specific, and show your source.

rmorse

Who is the politician that posted a completely fake video of another politician?

Be specific, and show your source.

I know this wasn't directed to me but I want to make sure I have the facts here. It is my understanding (I haven't read anything but this thread and I haven't seen any news articles) that Trump retweeted a doctored video that was edited to make Pelosi look like she has speech/behavioral impediments.

Is this not accurate?

This_person

First of all the is 20X the amount of people the last election was decided by so to claim it is insignificant is just dumb.

Second of all because once again there is a concerted effort by our President to push fake news about the Speaker Of the house ( the second in the line of succession) to try to diminish public opinion of her and take the focus of himself for being a raving lunatic who is terrible at negotiating.
The last election was decided by a total of 538 people. Please look up "Electoral College".

This_person

I know this wasn't directed to me but I want to make sure I have the facts here. It is my understanding (I haven't read anything but this thread and I haven't seen any news articles) that Trump retweeted a doctored video that was edited to make Pelosi look like she has speech/behavioral impediments.

Is this not accurate?
he may have - I don't use Twitter so I don't know. I gather from Sappy that Sappy is accusing Trump of that. I'm asking Sappy to show the tweet if that's true.

Sapidus

No I don't. I agree that they aren't on the same level but I disagree with your speeding example. A better example might be asking "do you think a speeding ticket for going 95 in a 55 is the same as doing 100 in a 55?"

Look at the brutal political attacks on Obama and Trump, as well as their supporters. Don't feign outrage over the use of a video when you've seen what the last decade has brought.

Besides, it's 2019. It's not so much a new low as it's using more readily available technology.

Do you think that Trump knew it was a doctored video?

Most likely he did know. I say that given the amount of times we have seen him lie and his overall lack of morals and ethics.

If you think the president tweeting out doctored videos of the second in the line of succession is acceptable perhaps you should move to a dictatorship.

This is unacceptable behavior by a president

Sapidus

The last election was decided by a total of 538 people. Please look up "Electoral College".

As usual your ignorance is boundless and your ability to take in information and understand it is beyond hope.

Donald Trump owes his victory in the Electoral College to three states he won by the smallest number of votes: Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. So it's fair to say that the 2016 presidential election was decided by about 77,000 votes out of than 136 million ballots cast. According to the final tallies, Trump won Pennsylvania by 0.7 percentage points (44,292 votes), Wisconsin by 0.7 points (22,748 votes), Michigan by 0.2 points (10,704 votes).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I say that given the amount of times we have seen him lie and his overall lack of morals and ethics.

Where do YOU Derive YOUR Morals and Ethics ?

Give how much you lie, prevaricate, and stretch the truth ..... attempting to pass off YOUR OPINION as Fact.

Sapidus

The video shared by Trump was different from others rapidly spreading across social media on Thursday that slowed the sound to make it look like Pelosi was drunkenly slurring her words at an event hosted Wednesday by the Center for American Progress.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, tweeted a link to one of the altered videos on Thursday night with the note, “What is wrong with Nancy Pelosi? Her speech pattern is bizarre.” The tweet was later deleted.

Sapidus

yeah sad fact for you ... a reality TV star beat out YOU Golden Girl Hillary

Why is that what you are still focused on 2.5 years later?

You would thinking with all this winning and the great things you claim Trump has done there would be more to discuss.

Why do you only care about sticking it to liberals and winning stupid verbal spats versus actually moving our country for and you know accomplishing something?

What a stupid metric to continue to point to years later grandpa

rmorse

Most likely he did know. I say that given the amount of times we have seen him lie and his overall lack of morals and ethics.

If you think the president tweeting out doctored videos of the second in the line of succession is acceptable perhaps you should move to a dictatorship.

This is unacceptable behavior by a president

I'm not sure I ever stated anything remotely close to me condoning that sort of thing or insinuating that I believe it's acceptable. I deplore both political sides for doing that type of crap.

So you don't know if he knew that it was fake? You're assuming and condemning preemptively. Talk about dictatorships lololol