Does Anybody Bowl Anymore?

DEEKAYPEE8569

I see what I think to be true; that Esperanza Lanes is still open?

Does anybody still bowl recreationally or on a league?

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch

I think you can get in there on Sat and Sun after the birthday parties are done, we went not too long ago and its kinda expensive; around $45 for 4 of us to bowl 2 games each......somewhere in that neighborhood

LordStanley

I know nothing

Of course people still bowl...

The Base bowling alley has leagues on almost every night and youth leagues on the weekends.

Esparanza runs adult leagues as well

Same with Lord Calvert Bowl...

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Lotta $ for bowling.

That is precisely why we don't bowl anymore. It used to be cheap family entertainment, now you have to take out a small loan for a family to bowl a few games. Not to mention, we got crowded out by the leagues. I guess if I get the urge, I can pull the Wii out of mothballs.

royhobie

hobieflyer
That is precisely why we don't bowl anymore. It used to be cheap family entertainment, now you have to take out a small loan for a family to bowl a few games. Not to mention, we got crowded out by the leagues. I guess if I get the urge, I can pull the Wii out of mothballs.

The price mentioned in the thread is the going rate across the board at any location. Back in the day, it wasn't too expensive. Their costs go up like any other business and it is of course passed on to us. Just like food. They won't keep the same food price. Neither does bowling. I agree that the leagues kind of crowd out folks. But, the leagues are guaranteed income for the folks that run the alley. It's hard to run the alley without knowing a set amount of dollars are coming in when you have an alley to run with expensives. The alley on base is protected with money from the base and is somewhat smaller.

That was just as much fun. I like the sound of the alley though.

Rael

Supper's Ready
The price mentioned in the thread is the going rate across the board at any location. Back in the day, it wasn't too expensive. Their costs go up like any other business and it is of course passed on to us. Just like food. They won't keep the same food price. Neither does bowling. I agree that the leagues kind of crowd out folks. But, the leagues are guaranteed income for the folks that run the alley. It's hard to run the alley without knowing a set amount of dollars are coming in when you have an alley to run with expensives. The alley on base is protected with money from the base and is somewhat smaller.

I don't think bowling alleys (or clubs and golf courses for that matter) on base are subsidized by tax payer dollars unless it's an overseas or a remote/isolated location. Congress took that money away back in the late 80s.

LordStanley

I know nothing
I don't think bowling alleys (or clubs and golf courses for that matter) on base are subsidized by tax payer dollars unless it's an overseas or a remote/isolated location. Congress took that money away back in the late 80s.

You are correct!

nomoney

Anyone know the base bowling hours off the top of your head; the website is dragging for me and they're not answering

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
(301) 342-3994

Open Bowling Times
Monday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; 10 p.m. - Midnight
Saturday 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Cosmic 5 p.m. - Midnight
Sunday 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

nomoney

(301) 342-3994

Open Bowling Times
Monday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Tuesday 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; 10 p.m. - Midnight
Saturday 1 – 4:30 p.m.
Cosmic 5 p.m. - Midnight
Sunday 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Thank ya lady!

SoMdDude

So glad I live close to NOVA so I dont have to pay the high prices in Waldorf, which is 4.45+ a game for non league members. I drive to Alexandria to bowl in my league (30 mins) and pay 1.89 a game for open bowling