Does anyone happen to know

Chris0nllyn

Since she is going to St. Michael's the guidance comes from the Archbishop.
I don't believe that's the only guidance that applies though. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guidance from the Archdiocese you posted says 6ft separation is "likely" required. I think that's because all the Catholic churches in the area are in different states and counties with different rules.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I don't believe that's the only guidance that applies though. Maybe I'm wrong, but the guidance from the Archdiocese you posted says 6ft separation is "likely" required. I think that's because all the Catholic churches in the area are in different states and counties with different rules.
My C&P was from the cover sheet. The nuts and bolts of the guidelines are in a different location from the ADW. Here is the text:

2. All members of the assembly and all ministers, except the priest-celebrant, are to wear face coverings at all times while in church (the process of receiving Holy Communion will be discussed later). The priest-celebrant is permitted to wear a covering during Mass but not required except during the distribution of Communion.

Here is the HANDBOOK from the ADW for any other Catholics on here so you know what to expect. I know I have a meeting with my priest on Friday to discuss how we are going to get back to in person masses.

Chris0nllyn

My C&P was from the cover sheet. The nuts and bolts of the guidelines are in a different location from the ADW. Here is the text:

2. All members of the assembly and all ministers, except the priest-celebrant, are to wear face coverings at all times while in church (the process of receiving Holy Communion will be discussed later). The priest-celebrant is permitted to wear a covering during Mass but not required except during the distribution of Communion.

Here is the HANDBOOK from the ADW for any other Catholics on here so you know what to expect. I know I have a meeting with my priest on Friday to discuss how we are going to get back to in person masses.
Good info. Thanks.

Toxick

Splat
if we are required by law to wear masks in church or not?
Verily, I say unto thee, if thou shall ever enter my house while pestilence looms, with thy face showing before God, I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And thou shall know my name is THE LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee. (New tarantino translation: Ezek. 25:17)

P.S. When I wrote this, I didn't realize that this was for a wake. I meant absolutely no disrespect by injecting levity into the thread.

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

Verily, I say unto thee, if thou shall ever enter my house while pestilence looms, with thy face showing before God, I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And thou shall know my name is THE LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee. (New tarantino translation: Ezek. 25:17)
English, mother ****er, do you speak it?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
the Archdiocese of Washington only covers DC and parts of Maryland, including St.Mary's county

wubbles

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR A MASK AT ALL IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU!
Asking people to do something so difficult as wearing a mask truly is unreasonable. The suffering we are going through right now is unbearable. I can't believe I have to sacrifice so much and wear a mask when in public. Our forefathers have died in vain because all these years later we are being so unjustly oppressed by being asked to wear a mask. The burden is so great that I can barely stay upright.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Asking people to do something so difficult as wearing a mask truly is unreasonable. The suffering we are going through right now is unbearable. I can't believe I have to sacrifice so much and wear a mask when in public. Our forefathers have died in vain because all these years later we are being so unjustly oppressed by being asked to wear a mask. The burden is so great that I can barely stay upright.
Another genius heard from......

Bonehead

P.S. When I wrote this, I didn't realize that this was for a wake. I meant absolutely no disrespect by injecting levity into the thread.
Then why the eff did you post it ?

JEFF69Z28

I SEE YOU COUNT SHEEP WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP

SailorGirl

It went fine. My mother looked good - she would have been happy with that. Only a little bit of guilting and I'm pleasantly inebriated at the moment - which is exactly how things should be after a funeral if you're Irish. The one tradition I'm okay with. Still haven't cried. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Oh and you do have to wear masks in Church.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It went fine. My mother looked good - she would have been happy with that. Only a little bit of guilting and I'm pleasantly inebriated at the moment - which is exactly how things should be after a funeral if you're Irish. The one tradition I'm okay with. Still haven't cried. I don't know what' wrong with me.
Mostly sloshed and singing "Wild Rover" is the proper way to be, then you fight, then you make up and sing and drink some more.
Seriously though, :huggy: