Does anyone happen to know

Scat

It went fine. My mother looked good - she would have been happy with that. Only a little bit of guilting and I'm pleasantly inebriated at the moment - which is exactly how things should be after a funeral if you're Irish. The one tradition I'm okay with. Still haven't cried. I don't know what' wrong with me.

Oh and you do have to wear masks in Church.
This would have perked things up a little....

BernieP

Resident PIA
No cousins left unfortunately. It's only shots of sangria anyhow - how bad could I get?
Foul !
Nobody does "shots" of sangria. Whisky, vodka or tequila - and if you're Irish it should definitely a good dram or three of Irish whiskey.

And condolences on the passing of your mother.

SailorGirl

Foul !
Nobody does "shots" of sangria. Whisky, vodka or tequila - and if you're Irish it should definitely a good dram or three of Irish whiskey.

And condolences on the passing of your mother.
I do - I get drunk easy, can't handle the heavy duty stuff at all.

limblips

PREMO Member
I do - I get drunk easy, can't handle the heavy duty stuff at all.
Damn, if I had known that I would have asked you out! Sorry for you though. It does take time to come to terms. My mother had Parkinson's so it was a bit of a blessing to let her go.

SailorGirl

Damn, if I had known that I would have asked you out! Sorry for you though. It does take time to come to terms. My mother had Parkinson's so it was a bit of a blessing to let her go.
LMAO :lmao: and thank you for the kind words. She went peacefully before she got worse - I wish she could have been around family when it happened (at least the ones she liked), but I believe she's with my dad so there's peace in that for me. I'm not crying - I am crying just now - weird. Christmas is going to be really strange this year without both of them.

Monello

Yeah, whatever
PREMO Member
I think if you plunge your hand deep into the holy water bowl, then rub it on your face, it negates the need for a mask.