Does anyone have cell service other than Verizon?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

I’d like to know what you’re impression is of it. AT&T, T-Mobile, whatever…

just had Verizon send me a broken phone by fedex And spent two hours trying to get it straightened out without success. Christ their customer service sucks these days.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

I’d like to know what you’re impression is of it. AT&T, T-Mobile, whatever…

just had Verizon send me a broken phone by fedex And spent two hours trying to get it straightened out without success. Christ their customer service sucks these days.
I still use a Tracfone (pre-paid), gone through several phones with them and recently was upgraded for like the fifth time in 20 years. I think they use whatever network is available. Don't get signal at the homestead but I can do wifi call and text with it through my Hughesnet sat. I spend less then $22 a quarter and have tons of carry-over minutes.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Mine is on StraightTalk, but StraightTalk is a TracFone company/service, and still uses Verizon for service in this area. I have never had an issue of any kind dealing with StraightTalk, in fact, have never talked to them. Ordered, activated and pay online for them, on my 3rd. Works without issue up and down the east coast and along the I-40 corridor to Arkansas. My brother and family all use Sprint out there, but I was getting service when they couldn't.

ontheriver

I hate Verizon. Their customer service has been awful for a long time. They'd have to pay me.
Son even worked there for a few years, and I would not bite. I have AT&T and at least they answer a call.

Reactions: rio

rio

I use Boost pay as you go (no contract) I dumped Verizon years ago after fighting with them for 3 years after my account got hacked and them not following thru with anything they said they would do.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I've been with Verizon Wireless since my first Motorola MicroTAC flip phone. I can only remember talking to VZW support maybe once or twice in over 20 years. I usually upgrade my phone every 3 years on-line and pick up in PF. I use it mainly as a PDA and for its Internet access and GPS functions. I'm using it now as a hotspot. It has less slowdowns than Beezeway's low end cable connection or whatever they call themselves today.

black dog

Free America
I gave up Verizon over the cost of the Blackberry plans.
The girl and I have had a plan with Cricket 5-6 years now, like 82 bucks a month for two phones.
Unlimited, unlimited, unlimited and 10 gig as a hot spot on hers for 10 bucks more a month.

TPD

the poor dad
Been with Verizon since my first “bag phone” in 1992. Can’t recall ever having to call customer support except maybe once in 1993 over a reception issue. I’ve been buying refurbished iPhones for the last 5 or 6 years and just switching the SIM card - no need to talk to Verizon. Good luck with finding someone that fulfills your needs.

mitzi

Mine is on StraightTalk, but StraightTalk is a TracFone company/service, and still uses Verizon for service in this area. I have never had an issue of any kind dealing with StraightTalk, in fact, have never talked to them. Ordered, activated and pay online for them, on my 3rd. Works without issue up and down the east coast and along the I-40 corridor to Arkansas. My brother and family all use Sprint out there, but I was getting service when they couldn't.

I've had StraightTalk for over 7 years and have been very pleased. Knock on wood, I've only had one outage all this time.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I bought my phone outright and Used TING for service ... they resell T-Mob for GSM Phones and Sprint for CDSM

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Been with Verizon since my first “bag phone” in 1992. Can’t recall ever having to call customer support except maybe once in 1993 over a reception issue. I’ve been buying refurbished iPhones for the last 5 or 6 years and just switching the SIM card - no need to talk to Verizon. Good luck with finding someone that fulfills your needs.
That’s similar to what I just did except it came in the box with a bad screen. And trying to get it rectified turned into 2 1/2 hours of talking to people over and over again to claim to transfer you to the correct person only to transfer you to somebody else it had nothing to do with replacing the phone. Every time I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone knew what the hell they were doing I got put on hold for 20 minutes or more.

This is a far cry from the way they used to work. They used to have some of the best customer service there was.

Reactions: TPD

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That’s similar to what I just did except it came in the box with a bad screen. And trying to get it rectified turned into 2 1/2 hours of talking to people over and over again to claim to transfer you to the correct person only to transfer you to somebody else it had nothing to do with replacing the phone. Every time I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone knew what the hell they were doing I got put on hold for 20 minutes or more.

This is a far cry from the way they used to work. They used to have some of the best customer service there was.
There's a Verizon store in California, next to Popeyes. Maybe take it in and talk to a real person?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I switched from Verizon to AT&T back in early 2019, because Verizon did not have coverage in the Cumberland area. The two primary cell providers up there are AT&T and US Cellular. I've not had any complaints with AT&T so far.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Thanks to all.

They're allegedly rectifying the broken phone issue, reversing the charges etc., at least thats the story for now. The Verizon store manager had a number that went to a direct customer service department that would take care of everything without bouncing the call from place to place.

That tells me their main line service sucks on purpose. $$$$$ when you get pissed off and give up, I guess.

In the long term I'm going to look into ATT or T-mobile when one of the phones on the account is finally paid off.