Does anyone know...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...what Brett did last night? Or what he's doing now? What's he doing for lunch? Coverage has evaporated and I feel like somethings missing!

:lmao:

thurley42

HY;FR
...what Brett did last night? Or what he's doing now? What's he doing for lunch? Coverage has evaporated and I feel like somethings missing!

latest reports on ESPN Insider state that he's currently eating a bowl of cereal with one banana, two peices of double fiber whole wheat toast, and a protein shake......no word yet if it is a low carb shake, but speculation is that it is strawberry/banana.

Rumors are swirling that he is slightly constipated and has had slight bowel irritations....

They are expecting a press conference any minute now outlining the rest of his day..:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But...

latest reports on ESPN Insider state that he's currently eating a bowl of cereal with one banana, two peices of double fiber whole wheat toast, and a protein shake......no word yet if it is a low carb shake, but speculation is that it is strawberry/banana.

Rumors are swirling that he is slightly constipated and has had slight bowel irritations....

They are expecting a press conference any minute now outlining the rest of his day..:killingme

...whose bread is it??? Pepperidge Farm? Arnolds? Some local brand????

:jameo:

Kerad

After waking to find his trade to the Jets was not all just a bad dream, he's probably thinking of how to re-retire.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why?

After waking to find his trade to the Jets was not all just a bad dream, he's probably thinking of how to re-retire.

1, he wants to play, obviously.
2, they have as good O line.
3, they have some decent weapons
4, they are a reasonable bet to make the playoffs
5, he gets at least two shots at the best; Brady and the Pats.

I would think he's as excited as hell.

Kerad

1, he wants to play, obviously.
2, they have as good O line.
3, they have some decent weapons
4, they are a reasonable bet to make the playoffs
5, he gets at least two shots at the best; Brady and the Pats.

I would think he's as excited as hell.

I certainly don't consider the Jets a playoff contender. They're obviously closer with Brett than without, but I don't see them making the wildcard cut with the AFC being as strong as it is.

Of the 3 teams Brett could've gone (at least the ones that were heavily reported), there's no doubt the Jets were on the bottom of the list behind Minnesota and Tampa Bay.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The argument...

I certainly don't consider the Jets a playoff contender. They're obviously closer with Brett than without, but I don't see them making the wildcard cut with the AFC being as strong as it is.

Of the 3 teams Brett could've gone (at least the ones that were heavily reported), there's no doubt the Jets were on the bottom of the list behind Minnesota and Tampa Bay.

...goes that they were on the way to a 6-10 season because of worries about QB play. They play Miami 2 and Buffalo twice. They get Cinncy, KC, the NFC west (Arizona, San Fran, Rams) the Raiders, Titans and an iffy Denver. Not hard to see 9 wins in there, maybe 10 if they can split with NE somehow.

On top of that, no one is sure of the AFC past an again Colts, sure fire San Diego and NE and probably Pittsburgh. So, that leaves the Browns and Jags as the primary wildcard opponents. They play Cinncy and Denver and have Buffalo in their division, so, they control an awful lot of their destiny outside the elites.

puggymom

...goes that they were on the way to a 6-10 season because of worries about QB play. They play Miami 2 and Buffalo twice. They get Cinncy, KC, the NFC west (Arizona, San Fran, Rams) the Raiders, Titans and an iffy Denver. Not hard to see 9 wins in there, maybe 10 if they can split with NE somehow.

On top of that, no one is sure of the AFC past an again Colts, sure fire San Diego and NE and probably Pittsburgh. So, that leaves the Browns and Jags as the primary wildcard opponents. They play Cinncy and Denver and have Buffalo in their division, so, they control an awful lot of their destiny outside the elites.

So WTH are you saying? The Dolphins are going to suck again this year? :tap:

Who I am kidding...it's going to be a LONG 16 weeks.:ohwell:

Kerad

I'm just saying that based on what I see with the AFC, I don't see the Jets being one of 2 wildcard teams. For the sake of discussion, I see no reason why one can't assume that last years division winners repeat this year: NE, IND, SD, and PIT. You then have JAC, CLE, and maybe TEN, fighting for the 2 remaining spots, with BUF and DEN, and maybe BAL and CIN being better than the Jets...in my opinion.

I just don't see it. There is bound to be a surprise with a top team struggling (PIT's schedule is brutal)...but I still don't see the Jets getting in.

But that's why they play the games...isn't it. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I'm just saying that based on what I see with the AFC, I don't see the Jets being one of 2 wildcard teams. For the sake of discussion, I see no reason why one can't assume that last years division winners repeat this year: NE, IND, SD, and PIT. You then have JAC, CLE, and maybe TEN, fighting for the 2 remaining spots, with BUF and DEN, and maybe BAL and CIN being better than the Jets...in my opinion.

I just don't see it. There is bound to be a surprise with a top team struggling (PIT's schedule is brutal)...but I still don't see the Jets getting in.

...the Jet's were a 10 win team in '06. They beat the Steelers last year, played the Pats tight late in the season, competed against Cinncy, the Titans and the Giants and Eagles and, FWIW, the Redskins and that's with no QB.

Again, the pro prognosticators had them down for 6-10 before they became the Brett's. I think he's worht 3 wins, easy, maybe more.

Kerad

...the Jet's were a 10 win team in '06. They beat the Steelers last year, played the Pats tight late in the season, competed against Cinncy, the Titans and the Giants and Eagles and, FWIW, the Redskins and that's with no QB.

Again, the pro prognosticators had them down for 6-10 before they became the Brett's. I think he's worht 3 wins, easy, maybe more.

I understand what you're saying. I agree that they're better with Brett than without, but I think you're going to need a minimum of 10 wins just to make the playoffs in the AFC (CLE had 10 last year and missed 'em), and I just don't see the Jets winning 10 games.

Tampa won their division last year despite all their injuries. Not to mention Brett preferred to stay in the NFC, has a history with Gruden, and would be running a version (though a more complicated one) of the west coast offense that he's familiar with.

Plus he would've played the Packers in week 4. :yay:

BuddyLee

Football addict

About 1/3 of the teams that entered the playoffs last season won't enter it this season.