Does anyone know

gretchen

Tami,I think if you're looking for a legal way around this you should get in touch with a womens shelter and explain the situation. They know what lawyers can help you. I had a friend in a similar situation many years ago who saw a lawyer named Margaret Maupin. She was very helpful and I don't think she even charged her to answer a couple questions. Relationship problems suck,and I hope it gets better for you. I know what I'd do in this situation,but I'm not you and don't know your circumstances. We all have our reasons.

Midnightrider

NO. HE was arrested for DV. The court ordered a 'No Contact' after that against him, so he says. He's using it to block me from using OUR vehicle.

So you want him to give you the vehicle or trade it back and forth thereby violating the no contact order? Does he work? If so get another ride..... you both can not have it

Tami2red

Tami,I think if you're looking for a legal way around this you should get in touch with a womens shelter and explain the situation. They know what lawyers can help you. I had a friend in a similar situation many years ago who saw a lawyer named Margaret Maupin. She was very helpful and I don't think she even charged her to answer a couple questions. Relationship problems suck,and I hope it gets better for you. I know what I'd do in this situation,but I'm not you and don't know your circumstances. We all have our reasons.

Thank You. I'll try tomorrow. It's sad how everyone wants to attack.

Tami2red

So you want him to give you the vehicle or trade it back and forth thereby violating the no contact order? Does he work? If so get another ride..... you both can not have it

He could just drop it so I can run trash and go grocery shopping. No contact with me. WHICH I never asked for. And yes he works, and I did until I was put on disability. We have 2 vehicles. Only one of which is running because he refused to have the other one fixed months ago.

Midnightrider

He could just drop it so I can run trash and go grocery shopping. No contact with me. WHICH I never asked for. And yes he works, and I did until I was put on disability. We have 2 vehicles. Only one of which is running because he refused to have the other one fixed months ago.
It sounds like a sad situation that you just need to move on from. Get a friend to help you until you can get a vehicle on the road. Break the chain.....

BernieP

Resident PIA
Okay, breaking my rule. Upstairs in the Carter building, by Courtroom 2 is an office it's a victim's advocate. They have lawyers on staff. Call or contact the victim advocate. If you can't find the number the State's Attorneys office should have it.

Tami2red

Okay, breaking my rule. Upstairs in the Carter building, by Courtroom 2 is an office it's a victim's advocate. They have lawyers on staff. Call or contact the victim advocate. If you can't find the number the State's Attorneys office should have it.

And you were making fun of me. THANK YOU for that info once I can get there.

Tami2red

Do you know what is wrong with it?

Yes. The blower needs to be reinstated from when I used to drink (which I have the money for) and the shifter plate? I think? The shifter is held together with heavy duty zip ties. I have the part, but he said it was too hard to fix.

Tami2red

Yes. The blower needs to be reinstated from when I used to drink (which I have the money for) and the shifter plate? I think? The shifter is held together with heavy duty zip ties. I have the part, but he said it was too hard to fix.

And I have no way to get the blower to be tested now

BernieP

Resident PIA
And you were making fun of me. THANK YOU for that info once I can get there.

no, I was staying out of it, I said I was going to watch the show from the cheap seats and eat popcorn.

Also notice I offered you no life advice other than the victim advocate.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

No idea how this blower thing works.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No idea how this blower thing works.

You have to blow into it to start the car. If you register any alcohol in your system, and I mean any, it records a failure and let's you retry in about 5 minutes. If it detects again after 5 minutes, it locks out for an hour or so. Not that "I" would know... :whistle:

inkah

DV issue. I wasn't served with anything. I found out because he's using it to avoid letting me use the vehicle we own together.

If you have not been served, there is no "no contact order" (I don't even believe there is such a thing). It is complete and utter bs. Whose name is the car in? If your name is on it, go get it. And seriously, you need to get educated in this stuff and stop allowing yourself to be taken advantage of. Buck up, kiddo.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you have not been served, there is no "no contact order" (I don't even believe there is such a thing). It is complete and utter bs. Whose name is the car in? If your name is on it, go get it. And seriously, you need to get educated in this stuff and stop allowing yourself to be taken advantage of. Buck up, kiddo.

Sure there is, usually referred to as a "protective order" or a "peace order" and are quite common in domestic violence cases.

inkah

NO. HE was arrested for DV. The court ordered a 'No Contact' after that against him, so he says. He's using it to block me from using OUR vehicle.
And a couple other things:
1. stop answering every little accusation on the internet. If you know, you know, and you don't owe anyone an answer, a justification or proof. Being defensive is a waste of energy you need to get smart and stay safe.
2. If HE was ordered not to contact, the HE is in violation already for letting you know any of it. I am assuming for him to have informed you, he had to have had contact. So go report him and get the daggum vehicle already.
3. Get educated! There are services for women in DV situations like yours. Go directly to the courthouse and ask for help - they will direct you to the office. It may be that the only help you need is information, but regardless, go get it. Be informed and have an advocate.

There are two cars. His car, the one she wants to borrow, and her car, the one that is court ordered to test her for alcohol before it will let her operate the vehicle. This begs the question as to if she's even legally allowed to drive his car. :confused:

inkah

Sure there is, usually referred to as a "protective order" or a "peace order" and are quite common in domestic violence cases.

First of all, in a domestic situation, it is an ex parte around here. Peace orders are for non-domestics. They aren't called "no contact" orders. The judge may have ordered "no contact", but that is on him, not her. No contact, is just one of many possible stipulations in either an ex parte or peace order. There are rules to how these things work. And if there was an ex parte - she would have been a part of it. The fact that she has zero notification of any of this makes it all highly suspect.

My points remain - she needs to get educated (somewhere other than SOMD online).

inkah

Lord have mercy - where do you live? YOu just need a ride? message me if you want