Does anyone play pickleball?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's tennis for old people. Monello and I started playing after we became homeless because a lot of the RV parks have courts. One of the attractions to the park we're in now permanently is a pickleball court, so we try to play almost every day. I like it way more than going to the gym - at the gym a half hour seems like an eternity, but on the pickleball court it flies right by.

I used to play tennis back in the day but my 58 year old body doesn't want to do that anymore. Sorry, Pat Boone.

What do you all do for fun?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's tennis for old people. Monello and I started playing after we became homeless because a lot of the RV parks have courts. One of the attractions to the park we're in now permanently is a pickleball court, so we try to play almost every day. I like it way more than going to the gym - at the gym a half hour seems like an eternity, but on the pickleball court it flies right by.

I used to play tennis back in the day but my 58 year old body doesn't want to do that anymore. Sorry, Pat Boone.

What do you all do for fun?
Only old farts in Florida play pickle ball. Its the National sport in the Villages.....I hear they are sending a team to the Olympics

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Our court lacks windscreening on the fence. On days like today, the ball seems to have a mind of it's own. A decent gust of wind will stop the ball dead in mid air. It makes it all the more challenging. The court is lit but not very well. We tried playing after sunset once. Not doing that again.

rio

I have played pickle ball and enjoyed it,but haven't in awhile. Daughter and I tried playing tennis ( we both suck) and I sprained my ankle. Pickle ball is much easier on the joints, but still gets you moving. I don't mind playing old people games at 50! Hell, I played bridge when I was 10!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I enjoy gardening. I could spend all day out there.

Though in mid summer, by 9am, the pool is calling my name....

Reactions: rio