Does Elam's do take repair??

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I had the hook piece of one of my cheek piece on my bridle break off & I need that fixed. It might be cheaper to just buy two new cheek pieces, but then the leather wouldn't match. Poor horse was going along on the lunge line today & the bit just dropped out of his mouth. He halted right away & then looked at me like "What did you do that for". :whistle:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
I had the hook piece of one of my cheek piece on my bridle break off & I need that fixed. It might be cheaper to just buy two new cheek pieces, but then the leather wouldn't match. Poor horse was going along on the lunge line today & the bit just dropped out of his mouth. He halted right away & then looked at me like "What did you do that for". :whistle:
It is time for a new bridle. :whistle:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
BZHorseMomE said:
Yes they do repairs but I prefer Ryceville Harness Shop for my leather repairs...Omar will do it while you wait sometimes.

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
It is time for a new bridle. :whistle:

Are you buying?? :lmao: I hear Dover Saddlery calling my name. I'm heading that way tomorrow to go to the Grand Prix so I may have to make a side trip!!Man I can never get out of a tack store without spending something.

BZHorseMomE

persimmoncf said:
Ryceville Harness Shop is an Amish tack shop on Dixie Lyon Rd. in Charlotte Hall Md. off 236

Thanks Percy. :howdy: I guess that would be closer then going to Elam's, but boy I sure like shopping down there. :yahoo:

Sparks

I've never been to either of those shops. How do they compare to Dover?

I like ebay for cheap schooling bridles! :yay:

BZHorseMomE

Sparks said:
I've never been to either of those shops. How do they compare to Dover?

I like ebay for cheap schooling bridles! :yay:

What brands of schooling bridles do you normally get on Ebay? I've had problems with several that I've purchased the braids in the reins break to easily.

BZHorseMomE

covekat said:
BZ, Stateline Tack has a really nice bridle, and cheap... I bought one for schooling, and it is nice enough to show in! It was around $60 bucks, no kidding...I believe this is the one that I bought, although it doesnt show the brand in this add...

http://www.statelinetack.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=SLT711826

Thanks Covekat that is a nice bridle. :yay: I may have to get that one as a back up. Then again the carmel color may go with my Bates Saddle.

Plus Free shipping over $49 & 10% off. Looks like a good deal to me!!

I like this one too. Since I've always had Bays or Greys I'm just use to the darker leather vs. the carmel. I do like the carmel on the Chestnut or Sorrel horses though. http://www.statelinetack.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=SLT730804 64

BZHorseMomE

fredsaid2 said:
Hey BZ, I have the one you linked to. It's not bad at all and a decent price to boot!

Thanks Fred, maybe I'll get the one Covekat posted & get my other fixed for a back up. I just don't want to get the raised bridle that has a nose & brow band that is to wide.

Did you get a Full or Cob size Fred??

fredsaid2

BZHorseMomE said:
Thanks Fred, maybe I'll get the one Covekat posted & get my other fixed for a back up. I just don't want to get the raised bridle that has a nose & brow band that is to wide.

Did you get a Full or Cob size Fred??

Full size. I did have Elam enlarge the browband. It was a smidge too tight for the QH.