Does it ever stop raining?

zar

Theist
It seems like there has been an above average rainfall this year, and not just rain but torrential downpours lasting for hours. I remember some hard rain in summers but they'd last 5-15 minutes on average

Is this the case or am I just noticing it more?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It seems like there has been an above average rainfall this year, and not just rain but torrential downpours lasting for hours. I remember some hard rain in summers but they'd last 5-15 minutes on average

I just opened the door and noticed the rain and thought, how weird, this doesn't happen very often. :lol:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Actually? I think it has been pretty dry as of late. One but look at some corn fields and see the withering of the corn stalks to see that it's been pretty dry.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

Actually? I think it has been pretty dry as of late. One but look at some corn fields and see the withering of the corn stalks to see that it's been pretty dry.
Some of my tomatoes are suffering from blossom/stem rot. One of the top reasons given is inconsistent watering. This rain saves me from dragging soaker hoses around.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Next Week, Tropical storm ISAIAS
Current track has it offshore from us, but it could still drop a lot of rain. Too early to tell yet.

Maybe I'll give the generators a test run in between the raindrops today/tomorrow.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Current track has it offshore from us, but it could still drop a lot of rain. Too early to tell yet.

Maybe I'll give the generators a test run in between the raindrops today/tomorrow.
actually the weekend doesn't look bad - hot, but not very wet.
Yes, the projected track has it off shore, last projection for the winds had SOMD outside the zone.
I think it's off Virginia Beach 7AM Tues

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Again, way too early to get spooled up, but the latest track on the news just now shows it coming ashore in NC border. SoMD is now in the target area.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'd fire his arse...but if I did I'm worried that half of the technical staff would leave with him.