does Lollar really have a chance?

Back to Lollar's chances, I think he's done about as much as was possible to make this particular race competitive. He's run a strong campaign. In particular, his last mailer was pretty well conceived and executed. The one before that, though it may also have been effective, disappointed me a bit for a couple of reasons.

To his chances in the respective counties: I think he's a safe bet to win Anne Arundel County (if he doesn't, he's gonna get blown out overall). I also think he has a pretty good shot to win Calvert County. St. Mary's County could go either way, but I'm leaning toward him winning it. Charles County will most likely go in Hoyer's favor and Prince George's County is a lock to go for Hoyer, the only thing in question is how much of a margin he will get there.

OF course he really does have a chance! He wouldn't have staked so much and sacrificed so much, along with asking his family to sacrifice so much - if he didn't think he had a chance.

The association I have had with Charles Lollar's campaign has been absolutely the most inspirational and motivational political experience of my life. And I'm so very proud and honored to have been able to campaign for him.

And I'm not going to fuel y'all Libbies' egos by engaging in any back & forth with you, so don't bother trying to bait me. :neener:

:huggy: Good for you.

Charles Lollar probably comes out of this race a winner either way - future opportunities and benefits will likely be bountiful.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Steny Hoyer hsa what is known as a safe district. First you look at which party has controlled the state house in Maryland - not the governors office, but the legislative side. They create the districts.

I think Charles Lollar has acquited himself very well. Unfortunately there is nothing he can do or say that would get him the majority vote in this district.

Hoyer has demontrater his arrogance and his ignorance.

At the end of the day we will get what we deserve

awpitt

Main Streeter
As you probably realize, it was intentionally so to mirror the 'unlike Republicans, some people have charity and compassion in their hearts ...' comment.

Yea, I finally realized that after I read back through the posts.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Steny Hoyer hsa what is known as a safe district. First you look at which party has controlled the state house in Maryland - not the governors office, but the legislative side. They create the districts.

As is the case in all states.

5thstreet

After six years he will be on life support, which will be provided by the special health insurance that Congressmen have. The guy is getting up there in years.

I love how people just make stuff up so they can complain about it.

Members of congress have the same health care benefits as other Federal employees.

BTW, what are you going to do when Steny wins by 25 points?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995

Members of congress have the same health care benefits as other Federal employees.

PLUS, they have more options.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!

Well the look on his face as Obamacare gets hacked to death should be amuzing!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

So when healthcare reform starts in 2013 the same will be true??

I'd like to know the particulars of what medical coverage pelosi and reid have, because I'd like to compare that to what I have.

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Be ashamed that I'm a Marylander.

Dont be ashamed. Just recognize you are living in a very Blue state and will most likely always be controlled by the Dems. When Ehrlich won the governorship 4 years ago it was the first time a REP won in many many years.

Lollar tried but once again Steny won by a huge margin. Thank goodness D-5 was re-districted to include PG and make it primary DEM to help Steny out.

The one question all of us should ask Rep. Hoyer is this:

If you are doing such a great job and are so vital to the welfare of jobs at PAX River, why is it most of the residents vote against you? Once again, St. Marys voted Hoyer out only to be outnumbered by the PG vote.

By the way, it appears race was not an issue either. The majority black vote stayed within the DEM party.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
By the way, it appears race was not an issue either. The majority black vote stayed within the DEM party.
Proof that blacks do not necessarily want a black representative - they want a Democratic representative. That's part of why the whole "first black president" coverage was such baloney. If Hilary had been put up against Lollar, for example, Hilary still would have taken over 90% of the black vote.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I think they (Hoyer and Pelosi) should be forced to box up their personal belongings and march down the capital steps, around the block, back up the steps, and down the hall to their new offices..

You know, kind of like how they marched in our faces when they deemed health care passes when WE didn't want it. We should make them march now, when THEY don't want to.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Proof that blacks do not necessarily want a black representative - they want a Democratic representative. That's part of why the whole "first black president" coverage was such baloney. If Hilary had been put up against Lollar, for example, Hilary still would have taken over 90% of the black vote.

They're racist?

I mean I was because I didn't vote for Obama, are they for not voting for Lollar??

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
They're racist?

I mean I was because I didn't vote for Obama, are they for not voting for Lollar??
I would say blind with fingers securely super glued inside their ears is more fitting.

Am I racist for saying that? :shrug:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

They are takers, always looking for who offers the most candy.

vince77

like it or not, Steny will be representing Southern Maryland as long as he wants..I voted for Lollar....