Does MSA usually have as few people as .....

BrookValley

I don't think that the "fun show" on Sunday is very popular. MSA is a local show, but it's pretty competitive as far as local shows go. I don't think that the fun show attracts very many people; it just doesn't fit the usual crowd. Most people probably want to show both days--why pay all that money just to go for the Saturday show, if you just want to show and not do the gymkhana-type stuff on Sunday?

And, I think that the show management is in need of change. Just time for something new.

Turnout has been low the entire season. It's a shame, it's a decent local show.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I don't think that the "fun show" on Sunday is very popular. MSA is a local show, but it's pretty competitive as far as local shows go. I don't think that the fun show attracts very many people; it just doesn't fit the usual crowd. Most people probably want to show both days--why pay all that money just to go for the Saturday show, if you just want to show and not do the gymkhana-type stuff on Sunday?

And, I think that the show management is in need of change. Just time for something new.

Turnout has been low the entire season. It's a shame, it's a decent local show.

Why can't the fun day show be the Sixth show in the MSA Local series? Plus the division could use some revamping. I've e-mailed suggesting some Adult Hunter division or Childrens/Jr. Hunter division. The response was to come to the C-Rated show on Saturday for that. :otter: :whistle:

Maybe with some of the larger lesson barns up for sale in the area the # of riders are down. Not to mention the cost to of everything else including gas.

fredsaid2

Maybe with some of the larger lesson barns up for sale in the area the # of riders are down. Not to mention the cost to of everything else including gas.

Has the turnout been light all season? With gas prices I would have thought numbers would have been up not down.

The fun show is just a one time, end of the season type thing, right?

BrookValley

The fun show is only once during the season--at the last show. They have 5 shows a year--Saturday is "C" rated, Sunday is the schooling show (which is pretty competitive as far as local schooling shows go, and is the more popular of the two days). But the last year or two they've added a Saturday day of clinics and a Sunday fun show--so they have 6 dates throughout the summer. The first show doesn't have the Saturday rated show, they do the clinics on Saturday instead and have the Sunday schooling show as usual. The last and sixth show of the year they do have the Saturday rated show (that was missing in April on account of the clinics) but they do the fun show on Sunday instead of the the schooling show. So you still have 5 rated shows and 5 schooling shows, but they are split up...I think that the clinics especially are nice idea (they've had some good clinicians) and I'm not opposed to the fun show at all, but it really makes it a real hassle for those of us who show both days. If you want to do all 5 you have to make 6 trips to hit them all...and even though the extra weekend will only cost you one day of class fees, you're still paying for the gas, the bedding, the hotel if you need one...so you pay and travel for 6 shows to get 5. Eh. I agree, the fun show should be its own show--but I doubt that they'd get many people to come just for that, or just for clincis, which is probably why they paired them up with the other shows. Honestly, I think that they could do without the fun show--there are plenty of other local shows you can go to for gymkhana-type games and stuff, and the fun classes aren't really their niche, you know? But I guess it was something fun that they let the junior members of the committee plan and organize, and I can't argue with that.

As for having an Adults or Children's division on Sunday, I can agree with them on that. Yes, the divisions do need some revamping, for sure. But there is too much going on on Sunday to add whole extra divisions. They do already have the 3' Working and the 2'6" Low Hunter, and there are plenty of Adults and Children's things going on on Saturday. But I know it stinks if you only want to come up for Sunday.