Doesn't Surprise Me...

AndyMarquisLIVE

from MSNBC:
American Idol" runner-up Katharine McPhee struggled for years with bulimia before seeking help, the singer said in an interview published Thursday.

At her worst she would throw up as many as seven times a day, putting her singing career in jeopardy.

It was like "putting a sledgehammer to your vocal cords," McPhee told People magazine in an interview published on its Web site. MORE | VIDEO

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Now all of her upcoming appearances have been cancelled.

I don't mean to sound cruel or calculating here (though I probably will), but she should've come out with this after she began cultivating a dedicated, post-"Idol" fanbase and was considered a cemented recording star. Then, she could've gone on national television, given a weepy confession (opposite D. Sawyer or B. Walters, of course), and become an advocate for anti-eating disorder causes. Now, however unfarily, it'll likely just stop (or slow down) her career before it ever really even began.

I like her though (she's better than the AWFUL Taylor Hicks, at least) and wish her the best.

Pandora

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
from MSNBC:
American Idol" runner-up Katharine McPhee struggled for years with bulimia before seeking help, the singer said in an interview published Thursday.

At her worst she would throw up as many as seven times a day, putting her singing career in jeopardy.

It was like "putting a sledgehammer to your vocal cords," McPhee told People magazine in an interview published on its Web site. MORE | VIDEO

I think a good majority of the women who are trying to be famous or are already there suffer from bulimia. This is of no surprise to me at all. Just pick up People or Us Magazine. :peace: