Dog Adoptions

SailorGirl

Guilty as charged.
I think I saw your picture on one of petfinder's websites standing next to a man with maybe gray hair and glasses? - I'd really have to dig I've been on so many websites today. You're very pretty - I guess that sounds weird coming from another female, but that's all I mean by it and you sound so dedicated to your adoptions - I really admire that.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I think I saw your picture on one of petfinder's websites standing next to a man with maybe gray hair and glasses? - I'd really have to dig I've been on so many websites today. You're very pretty - I guess that sounds weird coming from another female, but that's all I mean by it and you sound so dedicated to your adoptions - I really admire that.
I am unaware of any pictures on petfinder. There would be no reason for my picture to be on that site. "I" am not a rescuer. And I am not very pretty :lmao:

My store is rescue friendly in that we promote adoption. Though I am sure there are a few good breeders out there, I am against breeding unless it is to better the breed. And many dogs I see are not well bred and have a ton of health issues due to backyard breeding and people putting two dogs together just because they can make money off of them.

While friendly, supportive and generous with rescues, I am glad your son found a dog quickly. I am sure the people he got her from are also happy to have found a good home for their pet as well. Unfortunately, people get frustrated in trying to adopt from some rescues because they do not realize they are run by volunteers; a majority of which work full time and have families. Where they are anxious to get animals adopted into great homes, their response time may not be as fast as some would like. Which is why I suggested going to the shelters.

This past adoption event, we had two and possibly three dogs adopted and several cats.

SailorGirl

I am unaware of any pictures on petfinder. There would be no reason for my picture to be on that site. "I" am not a rescuer. And I am not very pretty :lmao:

My store is rescue friendly in that we promote adoption. Though I am sure there are a few good breeders out there, I am against breeding unless it is to better the breed. And many dogs I see are not well bred and have a ton of health issues due to backyard breeding and people putting two dogs together just because they can make money off of them.

While friendly, supportive and generous with rescues, I am glad your son found a dog quickly. I am sure the people he got her from are also happy to have found a good home for their pet as well. Unfortunately, people get frustrated in trying to adopt from some rescues because they do not realize they are run by volunteers; a majority of which work full time and have families. Where they are anxious to get animals adopted into great homes, their response time may not be as fast as some would like. Which is why I suggested going to the shelters.

This past adoption event, we had two and possibly three dogs adopted and several cats.
Doubt that! I should have realized it was volunteer -duh - says so all over the sites. He was just so broken, and adult or not when he hurts I want to make it better right away. As it turned out, he put what he was going through on facebook and a good friend of his read it and PM'd him about a friend of hers that had an AWESOME dog they needed to rehome. Just happened to be a lab.

He's called a few times this morning, sometimes in tears, sometimes laughing at his new dog's antics. It's going to be an adjustment for both of them - this dog is full of energy even at seven years old and my son's previous dog was not so much. There's a huge fenced in yard though and he's been out for a long walk this morning and at the moment has settled down for a nap. And my son says he shakes when offered a treat - which is really cool - other dog didn't do that. She was more of the whatja gonna do for me type.

Whether you are "not pretty" or not, what you do is so special and says a lot about you. I'll see if I can find the picture and PM you. It's definitely inside Pepper's Pet Pantry. Thanks again for your advice.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Doubt that! I should have realized it was volunteer -duh - says so all over the sites. He was just so broken, and adult or not when he hurts I want to make it better right away. As it turned out, he put what he was going through on facebook and a good friend of his read it and PM'd him about a friend of hers that had an AWESOME dog they needed to rehome. Just happened to be a lab.

He's called a few times this morning, sometimes in tears, sometimes laughing at his new dog's antics. It's going to be an adjustment for both of them - this dog is full of energy even at seven years old and my son's previous dog was not so much. There's a huge fenced in yard though and he's been out for a long walk this morning and at the moment has settled down for a nap. And my son says he shakes when offered a treat - which is really cool - other dog didn't do that. She was more of the whatja gonna do for me type.

Whether you are "not pretty" or not, what you do is so special and says a lot about you. I'll see if I can find the picture and PM you. It's definitely inside Pepper's Pet Pantry. Thanks again for your advice.
I think there is a pic on our website of me and husband with a friend's spaniel from several years ago. Thanks for your kind words :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
He got a dog!!! Someone knew someone who was trying to rehome their chocolate lab because of a new baby and they met tonight and my son came home with the dog. He called both laughing and crying and laughing. I'm so relieved for him - wish I had some adult beverages in the house - I really need a drink. Thanks for all the info regarding adoptions.
Awesome. I love happy endings. :smile:

Last edited:

acommondisaster

So glad to hear about the happy ending! Rescuing a dog in need, and getting all that love they have is just the most rewarding thing in the world. Here's a wish for a long and happy companionship!

i do have a question - I've got 3 rescure chihuahuas. I understand the breed and they seem to like me. My last one was deemed unadoptable, but she was immediately one of the family. Heh..they all have issues, but who doesnt? My question - or maybe my irritation - I'm ready for #4, but I only want a dog that NEEDS a home. Just being adoptable isn't enough. Why do rescues seem to snap up all the little dogs?