Dog-friendly bar?

ohstate

I was wondering if any of the outdoor bars on Solomons are dog-friendly. I know the Tiki isn't, they first told us we could stay if we kept the dog outside the bar area, but then told us no dogs anywhere on the property - not even the parking lot. Most of the other bars also serve food, so I'm guessing not. We'll just have to have ice cream as we walk the boardwalk. My in-laws are visiting this weekend and bringing their dog (no respect for my allergies at all), so I'm looking for ways to keep them out of the house. Thanks much!

ohstate

Its a golden retriever. Well trained. When we were at the Tiki before, it was with two well trained dogs of similar size on leashes. They also turned away a couple who had brought a smaller dog on a leash. It was a Saturday afternoon around 3, and it wasn't even crowded. I can see if the place served food, there could be a health code issue, but they don't serve food at the Tiki. It was weird. I've seen people who had bigger behaviour problems at the Tiki than any dog. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nanny Pam

Originally posted by ohstate
I was wondering if any of the outdoor bars on Solomons are dog-friendly. I know the Tiki isn't, they first told us we could stay if we kept the dog outside the bar area, but then told us no dogs anywhere on the property - not even the parking lot. Most of the other bars also serve food, so I'm guessing not. We'll just have to have ice cream as we walk the boardwalk. My in-laws are visiting this weekend and bringing their dog (no respect for my allergies at all), so I'm looking for ways to keep them out of the house. Thanks much!

I like dogs and all, but IMHO I think it's wrong of your in-laws to bring their dog, knowing you have allergies.

nomoney

Just have someone act blind; or retarded; and say they need the dog for health reasons :shrug: they can't turn ya away then.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Well, the dog has to be of legal drinking age. What would that be in dog years?

S

Shutterbug

Its a golden retriever. Well trained.

Were you at Solomon's on Friday walking on the boardwalk? I had my noisy chocolate lab there and he kept barking at a Golden Retriever on the boardwalk.

We recently put our boat over in Solomon's and we are looking for a dog-friendly place, too.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...

I doubt if any business would want to assume the liability of a dog on their premises. Take the dog to the park, and them take him home and go out to the bar. It doesn't matter how gentle your dog is to you. They can always bite a stranger at any minute - particularly in a strange environment like a busy bar. Bad idea.