Dog hit by car this morning. Looking for owners

tes218

This dog, male, was hit by a car this morning on Poplar Hill Rd, approximately 2 miles south from St. Peter's Church. He was taken to the Charles County Humane Society. Injuries seem bad and they are waiting to see if an owner is found.

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 237

tes218

no they wont.... now sometimes they may give pain meds..

They have a link on their website for donations to what they call the "Honey Fund" to use to treat injured animals. If people are donating to that why won't they use it to treat an animal brought in? Where does that money go and what determines when they use it? Just thinking out loud. Not sure if you or anyone here knows the answers. I would donate to his care but want to make sure he receives it.

Urbanite

They have a link on their website for donations to what they call the "Honey Fund" to use to treat injured animals. If people are donating to that why won't they use it to treat an animal brought in? Where does that money go and what determines when they use it? Just thinking out loud. Not sure if you or anyone here knows the answers. I would donate to his care but want to make sure he receives it.

Very good point... I 'm curious to why they won't treat him

MikeT

:cussing:

QUOTE=Urbanite;5064579]Very good point... I 'm curious to why they won't treat him[/QUOTE]

Me too

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

I hear ya....

I was lucky to have meet and taken care of Honey when she was in our care….....

so think of this.... your dog was hit... taken to the ER or a vet... they do a surgical fix to the broken legs, clean and take care of all the wounds... all without your permission or consent...

you show up and they hand you a bill for 3-4 grand.... now what?

or you show up and your dog passed away during sx??? and here is the bill..

its a hard thing to deal with, and see.... but the fact of the matter is that dog doesnt belong to them and they dont have permission to treat it.... it does suck...

I do know they would not leave the dog in grave condition... as if it was suffering and at deaths door. That also is a hard choice to make..

FOR IF.... the owner had even microchipped the dog.. and registered the dog... that would allow them to contact the owners and let them know what has happened...

Urbanite

Just goes to show you what I know, I'd hope the CCAS would be more concerned about the dog than the money - it's a sad world to think a poor dog is just lying there hurt, because of a buck !

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Just goes to show you what I know, I'd hope the CCAS would be more concerned about the dog than the money - it's a sad world to think a poor dog is just lying there hurt, because of a buck !

they dont have the rights to the dog!!!

I have a rescued dog.. he was burnded over 50% of his body... the OWNERS dropped him off at the HS and didnt sign papers over to them for a week!!!!!

all they were allowed to do was pain meds and antibiotics.