DOJ Corruption and Malfeasance

SamSpade

We Have No Reason To Trust The FBI

Is it still the case that investigating a candidate for wrongdoing is “rigging” an election?

I think people have forgotten that the underlying premise on the first impeachment was the idea that Trump would ask a foreign leader to look into the illegal practices of a potential opponent in a Presidential race.

This looks more than anything, like a fishing expedition - excluding the lawyers, initially refusing to show the warrant, and as far as we know, looking for classified documents which appear to have been declassified. We don't yet know what they contain, but I do know that something as inconsequential as a handwritten note from a foreign leader can qualify. My gut tells me it is extremely unlikely they could possibly hold anything of consequence after a year and a half.

The ham-handed way this was conducted suggests more strongly to me as - panic. As in, we need to get this stuff that incriminates US before the November elections leaves our collective asses out to dry.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

DOJ source calls raid a 'spectacular backfire,' claims AG Garland didn't approve it

Before we go any further, remember that the FBI apparently brought along a safe-cracker who opened Trump’s safe. Presumably that suggests they were told by their confidential source that there were documents hidden in the safe. But by all accounts there was nothing in the safe and the FBI didn’t take anything from it. Does that mean the confidential source got it wrong?

[clip]

But it was only a week or so ago that a US attorney decided to go to a Florida judge to seek a search warrant. The judge agreed and the FBI began planning the search for a time when Trump would not be there. The story points to the FBI’s focus on a few specific areas as proof they knew where to look. But curiously this story doesn’t mention the June meeting between investigators and Trump’s lawyers when they looked through some of the documents kept in a basement storage room. In other words, the DOJ didn’t need a secret source to know the documents were kept in that particular room because they’d seen them there themselves and, at the time, not taken them.

The story concludes with another big revelation. It claims that AG Merrick Garland was being updated on the National Archives investigation and knew about the grand jury but did not approve the search Monday. Newsweek’s source claims Garland had “no prior knowledge” of the time of the raid. Instead it was FBI Director Christopher Wray who approved the search. Finally, the source adds, “It really is a case of the Bureau misreading the impact.”

This is a lot of new information but I think the big take-aways are that this had nothing to do with Jan. 6 and that these DOJ sources are now feeling a lot of pressure, enough that they are a) trying to explain themselves and b) blaming the “spectacular backfire” on the FBI and the US Attorney while trying to insulate AG Garland from the blowback.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This new story at the Wall Street Journal doesn’t add much to the timeline we’ve already heard about leading up to the Mar-a-Lago raid. That said it does add some color to the prior descriptions of a meeting that took place in June between DOJ investigators and Trump’s attorneys. As has been previously reported, Trump stopped by that meeting briefly to greet the investigators.

Aides to Mr. Trump have said they had been cooperating with the department to get the matter settled. The former president even popped into the June 3 meeting at Mar-a-Lago, shaking hands. “I appreciate the job you’re doing,” he said, according to a person familiar with the exchange. “Anything you need, let us know.”
Five days later, Trump attorney Evan Corcoran received an email from Mr. Bratt, the chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence and export control section, who oversees investigations involving classified information.
“We ask that the room at Mar-a-Lago where the documents had been stored be secured and that all the boxes that were moved from the White House to Mar-a-Lago (along with any other items in that room) be preserved in that room in their current condition until further notice,” according to what was read to The Wall Street Journal over the phone.
Mr. Corcoran wrote back, “Jay, thank you. I write to acknowledge receipt of this letter. With best regards, Evan.” By the next day, according to a person familiar with the events, a larger lock was placed on the door…
On June 22, the Trump Organization, the name for Mr. Trump’s family business, received a subpoena for surveillance footage from cameras at Mar-a-Lago. That footage was turned over, according to an official.

And that was apparently it. Things escalated from cordial to safe-cracking on Monday with the search of Trump’s property while he was away in New York. If you believe the Newsweek report I wrote about earlier, the FBI thought they could search the home of a former President without giving him a chance to make it into a media circus. They even played it cool by not carrying firearms or wearing standard FBI jackets that would easily identify them to outsiders.

But obviously things didn’t work out that way. In the least surprising news ever, former President Trump didn’t take kindly to the FBI’s efforts and compared the raid to Watergate. Within hours everyone in the media was talking about it, either as a sign of Trump’s impending doom or, alternatively, as a sign the Biden DOJ was trying to interfere in the 2024 election.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Fox ran a story yesterday headlined, “Trump Ally Rep. Scott Perry Says The FBI Seized His Cellphone One Day After Mar-A-Lago Raid.” It’s actually worse than the headline makes it sound.

While traveling with his family earlier in the day Wednesday, Representative Perry — a close Trump ally — was approached by three FBI agents who handed him a warrant and demanded he hand over his cellphone, which he did. Not surprisingly, Perry told reporters the “phone contains info about my legislative and political activities, and personal/private discussions with my wife, family, constituents, and friends.”

Significantly, back in October, Representative Perry filed articles of impeachment against Attorney General Merrick Garland.

While the raid on Perry’s phone is not as historically unprecedented as the raid on Trump’s residence, it is still pretty remarkable, and is not getting anywhere near as much coverage as it should, having been completely eclipsed by news about the Trump raid. It sure like like the DOJ retaliated against Representative Perry for filing articles of impeachment against the Attorney General.

Perry’s phone holds a TON of sensitive and confidential political information, such as emails and texts about Republicans’ midterm election strategies.

It could be that the timing — a day after the Trump raid — was coincidental.Or it could have been timed for news about Perry’s phone to be obscured by the Trump raid. Either way, the timing is suspect.

It looks like J6 has something to do with the phone raid, too. PennLive ran a story yesterday headlined, “FBI Delivers Subpoenas To Several PA. Republican Lawmakers: Sources Say.” According to the article, federal investigators delivered subpoenas or visited several House and Senate Republican offices in the Pennsylvania Capitol on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Sources told PennLive that the supoenaed information centered around Representative Perry and his involvement in Trump’s alleged January 6th plan to coordinate alternative slates of electors. The J6 Committee has been very interested in Representative Perry.

Late last fall, I predicted that politically-motivated prosecutions of Republicans over January 6th would begin this summer, in order to have the greatest effect on the midterms. Attorney General Garland is not disappointing me. If my predictions are correct, in late September or early October, look for the J6 Committee to publish a stinky report accusing the entire Republican Party of being domestic terrorists or something.

And look for arrests, or at least indictments, to start in a month or two.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Special Ops Veteran Cancels Plans for Sunday Protest at FBI Headquarters After ‘Trap’ Warnings

‘It’s a Trap’​

In response to the Aug. 9 report, chatter on social media and right-wing blogs ranged from support to warnings the proposed protest could be “a trap.” Other comments on social media posts suggest everything from the inevitable win of Trump in 2024 because of the raid to suggestions that the FBI planted evidence at the former president’s Mar-a-Lago residence. An Aug. 11 report said Trump’s supporters were warning people to “beware of possible FBI agents urging rebellion.”

Another social media post warned of the FBI saying, “We advise individuals taking part in protest activities to remain aware of their immediate surroundings and to report any suspicious activity to local law enforcement.”

Warnings of entrapment were followed by misinformation. The host of one social media video wrongfully attributed a quote from “another concerned veteran,” mentioned at the end of one report, to Hardage, inaccurately insisting Hardage said he wasn’t even planning on attending his own protest.

“I am a 20-year retired navy commander and J6 attendee,” the unnamed “concerned veteran” said in the Aug. 9 story. “I am incensed by the FBI raid on DJT’s home yesterday. I will be protesting an end to the FBI on the busiest intersection in my town of Kingwood, TX in full uniform Saturday.”

Hardage lives in Virginia with his wife and two children.

According to Dave Scarlett, a Marine and pastor of His Glory ministries, the proposed Aug. 14 protest would “most definitely” wind up being another Jan. 6 “trap.”

“If you’re in the Washington, D.C. area, there go your rights,” Scarlett told The Epoch Times. “Do not go into Washington. D.C. If you want a peaceful protest, do it outside of Washington. D.C.

“If you are truly representing the nation, patriots, Christians, and the military in this country, that is not the place to do it,” Scarlett said.

“It’s a trap. Stay out of it. Do not go there,” Scarlett warned. “I have many military intel sources who are former generals and they said exactly that. Do not go into Washington D.C., because it’s a trap.”

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
index.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

AG Merrick Garland Says He ‘Personally Approved’ FBI’s Trump Raid

Garland told reporters that his agency filed a motion on Aug. 11 to unseal the court-approved search warrant that was executed at a home “belonging to the former president,” after Trump confirmed the raid, “as is his right.”

“I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter. … The Department does not take such a decision lightly,” Garland said.

He said copies of the warrant were provided to Trump’s lawyers on Aug. 8 by FBI agents.

The attorney general claimed that FBI agents are “patriotic” and “dedicated” public servants who protect Americans against violent crime and terrorism. “I am honored to work alongside them,” he said.

So far, the Justice Department and FBI have remained mostly quiet about the purpose and probable cause behind the raid and have repeatedly declined to publicly comment to The Epoch Times and other news outlets. Only alleged anonymous sources within the FBI and Justice Department have sporadically provided details about the incident to legacy media since Aug. 8.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Under irresistible political and media pressure, Attorney General Garland popped out of his gopher hole and held an impromptu press conference on short notice yesterday.

I’m sorry, but Merrick Garland looks and sounds like an old woman. I mean no disrespect to old women by saying that. I’m just saying.

During the presser, he appeared feisty and combative, complained bitterly about unfair criticism of the FBI, admitted that HE PERSONALLY had approved the search, and promised to ask Epstein’s old lawyer to unseal the search warrant and the Raid inventory. Remember that part about the warrant.

Deranged Trump haters thought Garland’s performance was just terrific! He’s so angry! Trump is in for it!

Biden spokeslady Karine Jean-Pierre denied that Joe knew anything about Garland’s presser or the Raid; he’s just learning from the news like everybody else. He might not even be up from his nap time yet.

As I suggested he would, Trump immediately responded to Garland, upping the ante by demanding that HE wants ALL the documents IMMEDIATELY unsealed, even though they were drafted by Swamp Creatures.

It seems similar but there’s a Grand Canyon between what Garland said he would ask Magistrate Reinhart to unseal, and what Trump said HE wants made public. Let me explain.

As I told you yesterday, the process for obtaining a search warrant begins with a substantial affidavit prepared by law enforcement officers. The sworn affidavit describes all the evidence allegedly justifying “probable cause,” and is signed under oath by an investigator on the case. The affidavit is then presented to a judge who is required to accept its contents as true. Obviously the search’s target gets no chance to present competing evidence — they don’t even know it’s happening.

In this case, given the political stakes, it had to be a very substantial affidavit. I’d guess it was easily over a hundred pages long, including exhibits.

Once the judge reviews the affidavit and finds probable cause, the Court issues the search warrant, which sets out the LEGAL parameters for the search; what the agents are allowed to do or not do, take or not take, and so forth. Significantly, the search warrant generally does NOT recapitulate the probable cause predicate or recite any of the facts from the affidavit. It’s usually only a few pages long.

So between the two documents, the search warrant is the least interesting and least informative. The AFFIDAVIT is what you want to see. Garland didn’t mention the affidavit, only the search warrant. So despite the gleeful anticipation of the anti-Trump crowd, Garland’s offer will not result in anybody learning anything useful about the Biden Raid.

You almost never get to see it. The affidavit is the LAST thing that law enforcement usually turns over. They usually claim investigative privilege citing “sources and methods,” and want to wait until the entire investigation and any criminal charges are completely resolved before turning it over. But in the last case where I did get hold of the search warrant affidavit, after we saw what it said, and after we picked our jaws up from the floor, we immediately filed an emergency motion listing eight pages of incorrect facts or mischaracterized events.

For example, one complex set of events was described in seemingly random order, if you knew the actual dates when things happened. If you didn’t know the background, and read the affidavit carefully, it looked like it was intended to be a timeline. In that order — out of order — a crime looked likely to have been committed. But if you rewrote that section, putting the facts back in true chronological order, it then became crystal clear that NO crime had occurred.

In that case, law enforcement did not even bother to respond to my motion, but instead promptly agreed to return my clients’ seized property, which was what we were asking for in the first place.

So at best, the search warrant affidavit is a one-sided view of the facts, completely favoring law enforcement. But imagine the kind of things an unfairly biased investigator might sneak into an affidavit confident that nobody would ever see it except the judge, who doesn’t know anything about the case, and then it would be sealed up until it was far too late for anybody to do anything about it. The proverbial horse is out of the barn, down the field, and has visited Epstein’s island several times by then.

The two men are miles apart. Trump wants ALL documents, including the affidavit, to be released. Garland is only offering the useless search warrant. Draw your own conclusions.

Police are always shucking and jiving - lying and manipulating the system

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 By holding his presser, old lady Merrick Garland confirmed that HE is running the Trump investigation. This is perhaps the most insane and unbelievable part of the story, to date. The Attorney General is directly hired and fired by the President and is commonly understood to be working with him as a team. Everyone knows it; once Attorney General Eric Holder famously described himself as “President Obama’s wing man.”

Garland is a weird choice to run the investigation even if he wasn’t Biden’s Siamese twin. Think about it. Garland doesn’t have any law enforcement background. He was a judge, then he failed to get a Supreme Court nomination after Trump withdrew him from consideration. Then suddenly he was attorney general. Why on Earth would he be personally running the highest-profile case the FBI has ever had? Wouldn’t you want someone with decades of investigatory and law enforcement experience, not to mention unimpeachable nonpartisan credentials?

Garland is a hack.

If Biden’s hand-picked Attorney General is running the investigation, you might as well say Joe Biden is running the investigation. Biden ran against Trump in the last election and will probably run against him in the next one. Biden and Garland are hopelessly biased and legally conflicted. No one is going to trust anything they say about the case, nor should anyone trust them.

Given all that, why didn’t they appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Trump? If you want even more evidence the Biden Administration is its own little Banana Republic, look no further than this example. Real governments don’t let political operatives investigate their opponents.

I don’t think this is going to end well for Garland. The Biden Raid: Attorney Generals check in, but they can’t check out.

stgislander

PREMO Member

AG Merrick Garland Says He ‘Personally Approved’ FBI’s Trump Raid

Garland told reporters that his agency filed a motion on Aug. 11 to unseal the court-approved search warrant that was executed at a home “belonging to the former president,” after Trump confirmed the raid, “as is his right.”

“I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter. … The Department does not take such a decision lightly,” Garland said.

He said copies of the warrant were provided to Trump’s lawyers on Aug. 8 by FBI agents.

The attorney general claimed that FBI agents are “patriotic” and “dedicated” public servants who protect Americans against violent crime and terrorism. “I am honored to work alongside them,” he said.

So far, the Justice Department and FBI have remained mostly quiet about the purpose and probable cause behind the raid and have repeatedly declined to publicly comment to The Epoch Times and other news outlets. Only alleged anonymous sources within the FBI and Justice Department have sporadically provided details about the incident to legacy media since Aug. 8.
Wait... that can't be right. Newsweek published earlier in the week that he didn't know anything about it. They wouldn't make things up.

(Do I really need the sarcasm emoji?)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Wait... that can't be right. Newsweek published earlier in the week that he didn't know anything about it. They wouldn't make things up.

:inorite:

They're all paragons of Truth!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

He means he personally selected which judge he would apply to, he ended up picking one who has to spit every time he says Trumps name.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

American Stasi

First, whatever documents Trump may have had in his private Mar-a-Lago possession, there was absolutely nothing there that is new to Biden, Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray; Trump has been out of office for nearly 19 months, by now. Second, as a former president, Trump had unilateral, plenary authority to declassify any document that he wanted to declassify — period. Without seeing the specific search warrant, then, it is impossible to know whether the documents the feds sought had already been declassified. Third, all ex-presidents receive various taxpayer-funded accoutrements, among them a staff with security clearances and secure facilities (SCIFs) for the maintenance of classified records. It simply beggars belief that any document at Mar-a-Lago was at risk of falling into the wrong hands.

The FBI, at this point, is also undeserving of any benefit of the doubt. We are now two years after former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith pled guilty for lying to a court to obtain a FISA warrant against former Trump campaign aide Carter Page. The FBI under Wray's predecessor James Comey, of course, was complicit in the propagation of the bogus "Steele dossier" and the general Russia-collusion hoax, whose raison d'etre was solely to delegitimize Trump's presidency from the outset. That would be the same James Comey, incidentally, who let 2016 Trump challenger Hillary Clinton off the hook for — you guessed it — storing reams of classified documents on an unsecured personal server on the grounds that she merely exhibited "extreme carelessness."

The second conclusion to draw is that every alarm conservatives have sounded over the past few years about the spiraling out of control of America's two-tier system of justice has now been vindicated. The Biden Regime is completely unapologetic about its targeting of political opponents — just ask Peter Navarro, John Eastman, Jeffrey Clark, Steve Bannon or even Project Veritas' James O'Keefe. The imperative for conservatives is to respond not merely by tsk-tsking but by recognizing "what time it is" in this ailing, late-stage republic and to demonstrate a willingness to counter the Left's brazen assaults with our own willingness to prudentially engage in escalatory, tit-for-tat, mutually assured destruction tactics. Sometimes, the only way out is through.

The third and final conclusion is the most terrifying: The Biden Regime has demonstrated its willingness, and indeed its eagerness, to take America to hitherto unprecedented depths of depravity — and it has done so for the very simple reason that it can. For this was an act of power qua power — an act of public humiliation intended to make a political opponent bend the knee once and for all before The Regime.

Welcome to the era of the American Stasi.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Why the FBI's raid on Trump's swanky Palm Beach home made America – and the free world – a less safe place

The gerontocracy that controls the Democrats was hoping the FBI raid would discredit Trump and deter him from another bid for the presidency. They couldn't have been more wrong.

The raid has boomeranged badly on the Biden administration, making it more certain than ever that Trump will run again for the Republican nomination, more likely than ever to win it (indeed, as things stand, he's unstoppable) — and start the next presidential election race as likely favourite to re-take the White House in November 2024, whoever his Democratic opponent.

It's quite a week's work for the ancient bumblers at the top of the Democratic party machine. If you're partial to conspiracy theories you might even conclude that the Democrats have been secretly infiltrated by folks whose mission it is to give Trump a new lease of political life.

HemiHauler

American Stasi

First, whatever documents Trump may have had in his private Mar-a-Lago possession, there was absolutely nothing there that is new to Biden, Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray; Trump has been out of office for nearly 19 months, by now. Second, as a former president, Trump had unilateral, plenary authority to declassify any document that he wanted to declassify — period

This simply isn't true. Anyone with more than two brain cells would stop reading right here.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

After Garland's Statement, Does Anyone Else Smell a Cover Up?

However, other reports tried to claim that Garland wasn’t involved in any way, shape, or form. Newsweek reported that “[a] senior Justice Department source says that Garland was regularly briefed on the Records Act investigation, and that he knew about the grand jury and what material federal prosecutors were seeking. He insists, though, that Garland had no prior knowledge of the date and time of the specific raid, nor was he asked to approve it.”

“I know it’s hard for people to believe,” the official told Newsweek, “but this was a matter for the U.S. Attorney and the FBI.”

Hard to believe, indeed. In fact, I dare speculate that this was the main reason Garland chose to speak out and why he admitted he approved the search warrant.

“I personally approved the decision to seek a search warrant in this matter,” Garland said.

But what exactly does this mean? If he approved the warrant, did he have knowledge of the specifics of the raid? That was left unanswered. However, in light of the Newsweek report that sought to distance Garland from the raid, one can’t help but wonder why Garland wasn’t more specific about his knowledge of or involvement in the raid itself.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

COINTELPRO

COINTELPRO (syllabic abbreviation derived from Counter Intelligence Program) (1956–1971) was a series of covert and illegal[1][2] projects actively conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at surveilling, infiltrating, discrediting, and disrupting domestic American political organizations.[3][4] FBI records show COINTELPRO resources targeted groups and individuals the FBI deemed subversive,[5] including feminist organizations,[6][7] the Communist Party USA,[8] anti–Vietnam War organizers, activists of the civil rights movement and Black Power movement (e.g. Martin Luther King Jr., the Nation of Islam, and the Black Panther Party), environmentalist and animal rights organizations, the American Indian Movement (AIM), independence movements (including Puerto Rican independence groups such as the Young Lords and the Puerto Rican Socialist Party), a variety of organizations that were part of the broader New Left, and far-right groups such as the Ku Klux Klan[9] and the National States' Rights Party.[10]