Donald Trump

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm not convinced about a bunch of things. But if you think Lynch will indict her, you better just forget that.

For a jazz player you sure think inside the box a lot.

Comey. He's got a legacy, too and his agency to stand up for. Plus, indictment isn't the only way.

PsyOps

Pixelated
For a jazz player you sure think inside the box a lot.

Comey. He's got a legacy, too and his agency to stand up for. Plus, indictment isn't the only way.

In order to get outside the box, you have go inside from time to time. If you stay outside too long, eventually outside becomes inside.

I don't see any benefit for Comey to protect Clinton. Everything I've heard about him is he is a straight-up guy and will not allow politics to get mixed in with his investigations. So, it's all about Lynch. It's up to her to either indict or not; if that's what the FBI recommends. And it's a no-brainer that she won't. She's got her plate too full over bathroom use in our schools.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
In order to get outside the box, you have go inside from time to time. If you stay outside too long, eventually outside becomes inside.

I don't see any benefit for Comey to protect Clinton. Everything I've heard about him is he is a straight-up guy and will not allow politics to get mixed in with his investigations. So, it's all about Lynch. It's up to her to either indict or not; if that's what the FBI recommends. And it's a no-brainer that she won't. She's got her plate too full over bathroom use in our schools.

Right but if Comey stands firm, chooses to resign, makes it known he'd be pursuing the thing if it was up to him, it's one more huge reason to bail. Sanders is hanging around because Obama suggested it might be a good idea.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Right but if Comey stands firm, chooses to resign, makes it known he'd be pursuing the thing if it was up to him, it's one more huge reason to bail. Sanders is hanging around because Obama suggested it might be a good idea.

The first thought that comes to mind when I read this was... if Obama is encouraging Sanders to hang in there, then why isn't he cutting Lynch loose on Hillary. I don't get Obama wants Sanders. I think he is probably still poking at Biden to get in. But then again, the other thought that comes to mind is... Hillary has all the dirt on Obama regarding her server and Benghazi; and would likely take him down with her.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The first thought that comes to mind when I read this was... if Obama is encouraging Sanders to hang in there, then why isn't he cutting Lynch loose on Hillary. I don't get Obama wants Sanders. I think he is probably still poking at Biden to get in. But then again, the other thought that comes to mind is... Hillary has all the dirt on Obama regarding her server and Benghazi; and would likely take him down with her.

I would think we agree, readily, that Obama owes Hillary and isn't, can't, be too overt about it. He has to be seen as helping her as best he can, holding Lynch in check, but not too much, Comey.
Comey is the key. He's got his own integrity here and that of the FBI. He is already pushing back against the questions of whether he's doing a criminal investigation or not. He has a line to walk, too but, at some point, it simply can't be ignored anymore. The Clinton's have proved there is no line. Obama's idea of a line isn't much better. Comey is the key, here.

So, to that point, the 'word' Sanders would be getting is that this thing isn't over. And I'm not saying Obama directly spoke with him. Certainly, he did not. Part of this is Hillary herself faltering or Bubba adding yet another embarrassment, public opinion going against her even more, another 'end of coal' gaff. All of these things are in the mix. And at the top is the probable Dem nominee skating on very thin ice for something anyone else would have long ago been fired for or even in jail.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I would think we agree, readily, that Obama owes Hillary and isn't, can't, be too overt about it. He has to be seen as helping her as best he can, holding Lynch in check, but not too much, Comey.
Comey is the key. He's got his own integrity here and that of the FBI. He is already pushing back against the questions of whether he's doing a criminal investigation or not. He has a line to walk, too but, at some point, it simply can't be ignored anymore. The Clinton's have proved there is no line. Obama's idea of a line isn't much better. Comey is the key, here.

So, to that point, the 'word' Sanders would be getting is that this thing isn't over. And I'm not saying Obama directly spoke with him. Certainly, he did not. Part of this is Hillary herself faltering or Bubba adding yet another embarrassment, public opinion going against her even more, another 'end of coal' gaff. All of these things are in the mix. And at the top is the probable Dem nominee skating on very thin ice for something anyone else would have long ago been fired for or even in jail.

Well, there was that mysterious meeting between Sanders and Obama in the Whitehouse. I don't believe there was any such meeting between Hillary and Obama.

I think it's all about baggage and what Hillary has on Obama. She is ruthless will take everyone down with her if the monster is released.

Last edited: