Don't forget

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DST is my favorite holiday. After cold and darkness, it's the day that ushers in warmth and daylight. I would be disappointed if they did away with it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank God! I'm tired of getting up at 4:30 every day. Some mornings I have to, but my inner clock has me up even when I could sleep until 5:30 or 6:00.

I hate both "holidays". I like the later sunset, but detest the later sunrise right now. In the fall, I welcome the early sunrise and detest the early sunset.

DST is my favorite holiday. After cold and darkness, it's the day that ushers in warmth and daylight. I would be disappointed if they did away with it.
Me too! I normally wake up at 5ish without an alarm, but I'm so excited for the extended daylight I woke up at 4ish this morning and didn't mind!

Me too! I normally wake up at 5ish without an alarm, but I'm so excited for the extended daylight I woke up at 4ish this morning and didn't mind!
Ugh. I haven't seen the dark side of 8am in a really really long time. On very dank and dreary days and I have nothing planned, 10am isn't out of the question.

Ugh. I haven't seen the dark side of 8am in a really really long time. On very dank and dreary days and I have nothing planned, 10am isn't out of the question.
I love the wee hours of the morn. I make my coffee and curl up on my favorite couch spot in the living room/den. When the weather is nice I sit on the patio and listen/watch the birds. Relaxing into the hub-bub of the day is the best.

I love the wee hours of the morn. I make my coffee and curl up on my favorite couch spot in the living room/den. When the weather is nice I sit on the patio and listen/watch the birds. Relaxing into the hub-bub of the day is the best.
I'm a night owl. My evening starts around 9pm. I'm probably just going to bed as you're waking up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am both a morning person and a night owl. I'm not a sleeping person and I love being up early, make a pot of coffee, and get a jump on the day. And I'm usually up until 1am or so reading.

mitzi

Guess it's staying on standard time. They stayed on daylight savings year round back in the '70s. Everybody hated it.

I don't know why I don't remember this. What time did it get dark in June and July, anyone remember?

mitzi

I sort of answered my own question

"On January 4, 1974, President Nixon signed into law the Emergency Daylight Saving Time Energy Conservation Act of 1973. Then, beginning on January 6, 1974, implementing the Daylight Saving Time Energy Act, clocks were set ahead. On October 5, 1974, Congress amended the Act, and Standard Time returned on October 27, 1974. Daylight Saving Time resumed on February 23, 1975 and ended on October 26, 1975."

I'm still wondering how late it got dark the early summer, if anyone remembers.

Latest sunset is late June, 8:31 pm.

mitzi

Thanks. I meant in 1974 in the summer. Maybe I've got it all backwards and we had more daylight in the morning.:roflmao:I think I'm just confusing myself.

Thanks. I meant in 1974 in the summer. Maybe I've got it all backwards and we had more daylight in the morning.:roflmao:I think I'm just confusing myself.
Ok, so here's 1974.

Tech

Parents complained because in the winter, sunrise is around 0800. Dark walking to school.