Doomsdays that didn’t happen: Think tank compiles decades’ worth of dire climate predictions

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just years prior, Time magazine echoed other media outlets in suggesting that "another ice age" was imminent. "Telltale signs are everywhere — from the unexpected persistence and thickness of pack ice in the waters around Iceland to the southward migration of a warmth-loving creature like the armadillo from the Midwest," the magazine warned in 1974. The Guardian similarly warned in 1974 that "Space satellites show new Ice Age coming fast."

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, Ehrlich, warning of a "disastrous" famine," urged placing "sterilizing agents into staple foods and drinking water."

gemma_rae

We need a thread about non-climate dooms days. Y2K, the end of the Mayan calendar, aligning of the planets, and a few asteroid collisions (that didn't happen) come to mind.
And Meteors!

This_person

We need a thread about non-climate dooms days. Y2K, the end of the Mayan calendar, aligning of the planets, and a few asteroid collisions (that didn't happen) come to mind.
And Meteors!
Don't forget the Trump presidency...I believe we were supposed to be in our second nuclear war under fascism and a depression making the Great Depression look tame - all by last year.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I dunno where ahma gonna go when the caldera blows. The Yellowstone Caldera...the supervolcano.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Outlaw volcanoes NOW!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:offtopic: Many moons ago, I got my ex-husband a book called the 'I Love To Fart Cookbook' because, well, he was quite proud of flatulence and there were recipes to maximize the volume and stench. BIG MISTAKE. Under NO circumstances try the #1 ranked recipe for 'Curried Cauliflower'.

:geek: :geek: :geek:

:twitch: :barf: :jameo:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
:offtopic: Many moons ago, I got my ex-husband a book called the 'I Love To Fart Cookbook' because, well, he was quite proud of flatulence and there were recipes to maximize the volume and stench. BIG MISTAKE. Under NO circumstances try the #1 ranked recipe for 'Curried Cauliflower'.

:geek: :geek: :geek:

:twitch::barf: :jameo:

Thanks... Now I know how to get rid of the two overly chatty women that sit near me on my bus.