DoorDash

corollinout

I've used it a few times in Richmond and Elkridge, just used it for the first time here, Huntingtown, on Friday. Now no complaining about nothing delivering anymore.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"Founded in 2013 by Stanford students Andy Fang, Stanley Tang, Tony Xu and Evan Moore." Hahahahahahaha What are the odds? Fang and Tang? Uh oh. Copyright infringement by Tang.

nutz

We've had delivery pizza and Chinese for at least 50 years. Why not sushi?
I wasn’t referring to just sushi..Pizza, Chinese, Hello Fresh, Green Chef, Blue Balls....whatever. Are we really too busy to take the time to make a meal and enjoy it? Granted traveling on RTe 5, 235 or 210 makes that question laughable, but are people really that busy or just think they are?

Chris0nllyn

I wasn’t referring to just sushi..Pizza, Chinese, Hello Fresh, Green Chef, Blue Balls....whatever. Are we really too busy to take the time to make a meal and enjoy it? Granted traveling on RTe 5, 235 or 210 makes that question laughable, but are people really that busy or just think they are?

Um, you have to make the meals from Hello Fresh and whatever other companies you tried to name.

People are busy, or people just want to spend less time doing menial tasks. Regardless, people obviously want the services or there wouldn't be 2-day shipping from Amazon, same-day drone deliveries, Target delivery, PeaPod grocery delivery, Door Dash, or all the other similar services out there.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It's not a matter of busy, call it lazy maybe. Convience. Say you have an impromtu gathering and you want some food.
Now you can have it delivered instead of leaving the guests to shop or go to the store.
Or you come home and don't feel like cooking a meal for one, it replaces the microwave meal.
It's simply another option
Personally, if I'm busy, I don't have time to wait at home, I'll just grab something on the go or eat skip.

nutz

Um, you have to make the meals from Hello Fresh and whatever other companies you tried to name.

People are busy, or people just want to spend less time doing menial tasks. Regardless, people obviously want the services or there wouldn't be 2-day shipping from Amazon, same-day drone deliveries, Target delivery, PeaPod grocery delivery, Door Dash, or all the other similar services out there.
Yea, I realize that you have to dump the contents of their prepackaged stuff into a pan to heat.
Or people have too much “disposable” income?

nutz

It's not a matter of busy, call it lazy maybe. Convience. Say you have an impromtu gathering and you want some food.
Now you can have it delivered instead of leaving the guests to shop or go to the store.
Or you come home and don't feel like cooking a meal for one, it replaces the microwave meal.
It's simply another option
Personally, if I'm busy, I don't have time to wait at home, I'll just grab something on the go or eat skip.
Guess thats where I’m different. I keep enough supplies on hand to make something without losing good ole Skip.

TCROW

Yea, I realize that you have to dump the contents of their prepackaged stuff into a pan to heat.
Or people have too much “disposable” income?

Honest question: why do you care how much money people have to spend? Do you think this is civilization's downfall or something -- that people have the unmitigated gaul to spend their money on things which make their life easier? I'm sure if you posted up your banking ledger, everyone here could find something on which they cannot fathom that you spend money.

Personally, I don't think these services that give you pre-packaged meals you heat up will last all that long. The trend is for people to know the provenance of their food -- eat local, eat organic and all that. In my household, we generally get meat and produce from local farmers. Of course, we use grocery stores for things that farmers don't grow, salt, sugar, the staples. We even get flour and make our own bread during most of the year (we take summers off because we're outdoors doing things). Even the 20-something hipsters in my office have already gotten away from BlueApron because they don't know the provenance of the meats that come with.

We don't live in an areas that's served by PeaPod or whatever, but certainly we get Amazon deliveries and it's great. I click a button on a web page and in two days a package shows up. God bless the capitalist system.

nutz

Honest question: why do you care how much money people have to spend? Do you think this is civilization's downfall or something -- that people have the unmitigated gaul to spend their money on things which make their life easier? I'm sure if you posted up your banking ledger, everyone here could find something on which they cannot fathom that you spend money.

Personally, I don't think these services that give you pre-packaged meals you heat up will last all that long. The trend is for people to know the provenance of their food -- eat local, eat organic and all that. In my household, we generally get meat and produce from local farmers. Of course, we use grocery stores for things that farmers don't grow, salt, sugar, the staples. We even get flour and make our own bread during most of the year (we take summers off because we're outdoors doing things). Even the 20-something hipsters in my office have already gotten away from BlueApron because they don't know the provenance of the meats that come with.

We don't live in an areas that's served by PeaPod or whatever, but certainly we get Amazon deliveries and it's great. I click a button on a web page and in two days a package shows up. God bless the capitalist system.
Its nice too see you’ve reached your goal of being a dickhead incapable of sharing opinions.

TCROW

Its nice too see you’ve reached your goal of being a dickhead incapable of sharing opinions.

Opinions are shared and rebutted. That’s just the way things work. Sorry if too much soy in your diet has made you overly sensitive. You really should cut back. That crap is pseudo Estrogen and can really work to soften you up.

Noted for the future.

BernieP

Resident PIA
seems to me you aren't listening to opinions, you are simply passing judgement and telling everyone else their opinion is without merit.
Not everyone is as perfect as you.
Can I ask if you are my ex-wife or Jesus Christ?