Doral's Out

PrchJrkr

It'll be Fine...
PREMO Member
This is probably the best way to handle the situation. Why even show any signs of impropriety? The loons are just going to move onto the next talking point.

SamSpade

This is probably the best way to handle the situation. Why even show any signs of impropriety? The loons are just going to move onto the next talking point.
Give them an inch...
They'll claim victory even while they get shut out of Camp David.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
It can’t be that it was actually a conflict of interests.....
No, it can't be because it isn't. The Code of Government Ethics is codified at 18 USC Chapter 11. One would think subsection 208 (Acts affecting a personal financial interest) would apply in this instance, but it does not. When Congress passed the legislation they carved out a nice little caveat for the President, Vice President, member of Congress, and Federal Judges where that section (as well as others) does not apply for them.

And many wonder how it is that they can make so much while serving.

black dog

Free America
PREMO Member
No, it can't be because it isn't. The Code of Government Ethics is codified at 18 USC Chapter 11. One would think subsection 208 (Acts affecting a personal financial interest) would apply in this instance, but it does not. When Congress passed the legislation they carved out a nice little caveat for the President, Vice President, member of Congress, and Federal Judges where that section (as well as others) does not apply for them.

And many wonder how it is that they can make so much while serving.

It will be interesting to see if the local financial impact to Smithsburg and Cavetown will be as good as it would have been to the city of Miami.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It will be interesting to see if the local financial impact to Smithsburg and Cavetown will be as good as it would have been to the city of Miami.

Don't forget Catoctin and Thurmont. Those are actually closer than Smithsburg and Cavetown. Camp David has hosted several events over the years. Including the G7.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't forget Catoctin and Thurmont. Those are actually closer than Smithsburg and Cavetown. Camp David has hosted several events over the years. Including the G7.
Yep..in horrible circumstances compared to how it would have gone down at the Doral. But whatever...you guys got your wish. Now the press pool gets to ride busses every day. In fact, because Trump already knew the press hates Camp David as the venue for a G7...that's probably exactly why he's going with it now. LMAO.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yep..in horrible circumstances compared to how it would have gone down at the Doral. But whatever...you guys got your wish. Now the press pool gets to ride busses every day. In fact, because Trump already knew the press hates Camp David as the venue for a G7...that's probably exactly why he's going with it now. LMAO.

I didn't get any wishes here. Not sure who you mean by "you guys".

awpitt

Main Streeter
I think he meant youse guys but he spelled it wrong Does that help any?
No.

He was grouping me into a group "you guys" who apparently got their wish when Trump reversed the Doral decision when, in fact, I hadn't voiced an opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
What is your opinion?
I didn't think it was the smartest move. Especially knowing what the reaction would be but I really didn't care one way or the other. Trump's change of heart came after he met with a group of GOP lawmakers at Camp David over the weekend.

This_person

I didn't think it was the smartest move. Especially knowing what the reaction would be but I really didn't care one way or the other. Trump's change of heart came after he met with a group of GOP lawmakers at Camp David over the weekend.
:yay: thank you for sharing

black dog

Free America
PREMO Member
I take the road less traveled, its much more enjoyable to walk outside the yellow lines.
I'm well aware of Camp David.....