Doral's Out

awpitt

Main Streeter
I take the road less traveled, its much more enjoyable to walk outside the yellow lines.
I'm well aware of Camp David.....
Yep. Me too. Used to ride around there during high school after football games. This was before they built the outer fencing. Used to be able to ride right up to the main gate and say Hi to the Marines. Can't do that anymore.

SailorGirl

He's a far left progbot...proves it daily, weekly, monthly..year in, year out. And always whines like a gurl when he gets called on it. ;-)
I hope you don't think less of me for this, but I admire him. I think (just my opinion), that it takes a little bit of courage to state an opinion that doesn't necessarily go along with what the majority supports on this forum. Awpitt does that, eloquently, along with a small handful of others. I wish I had that chutzpah.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I hope you don't think less of me for this, but I admire him. I think (just my opinion), that it takes a little bit of courage to state an opinion that doesn't necessarily go along with what the majority supports on this forum. Awpitt does that, eloquently, along with a small handful of others. I wish I had that chutzpah.

Thank you. That was very kind.

SailorGirl

Thank you. That was very kind.
You're welcome - it's the truth though. I skimmed through a few of your posts after I posted and it's refreshing that you don't seem to resort to name calling and actually carry on the conversation without lowering the bar. I enjoy reading your stuff, don't always agree with everything, but you express yourself so well AND without insult, that I don't find myself exasperated when I'm finished. Just my opinion, but you're one of the more worthwhile reads on this forum.

Anyhoo. Have a good day!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I hope you don't think less of me for this, but I admire him.
Of course not. And I have it on good authority that he's a nice feller. But we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum, so... ;-)

I 100% agreed that there was not a single venue option better than Doral....

awpitt

Main Streeter
You're welcome - it's the truth though. I skimmed through a few of your posts after I posted and it's refreshing that you don't seem to resort to name calling and actually carry on the conversation without lowering the bar. I enjoy reading your stuff, don't always agree with everything, but you express yourself so well AND without insult, that I don't find myself exasperated when I'm finished. Just my opinion, but you're one of the more worthwhile reads on this forum.

Anyhoo. Have a good day!

Wow! Thanks again. I guess it's just how I am. I don't believe in throwing insults and stuff like that. Or, at least, not real bad ones. Actually, I've gotten PMs in the past from other Forum members expressing the same thing that you've said. You have a great day too. :)

SailorGirl

Of course not. And I have it on good authority that he's a nice feller. But we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum, so... ;-)

I 100% agreed that there was not a single venue option better than Doral....
Appreciate that - I like your posts, although I almost never agree with you - we're polar opposites politically speaking, but sometimes you make me think, sometimes you make me research, often times you say interesting things, and lots of times you make me laugh. That's a bunch of good qualities in a human.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Appreciate that - I like your posts, although I almost never agree with you - we're polar opposites politically speaking, but sometimes you make me think, sometimes you make me research, often times you say interesting things, and lots of times you make me laugh. That's a bunch of good qualities in human.
I argue far less IRL. ;-)

SamSpade

You're welcome - it's the truth though. I skimmed through a few of your posts after I posted and it's refreshing that you don't seem to resort to name calling and actually carry on the conversation without lowering the bar.
And for that very reason, he does not get put on ignore and doesn't usually get dumped upon.
It IS possible to disagree without making it about the other person.

SamSpade

I argue far less IRL. ;-)
In real life, I pretty much don't argue at all, at least not things like politics.
Online - in WRITING - you get a chance to carefully phrase your words and hope the reader looks it over a few times.

But face to face, a lot of the communicating isn't focused on the WORDS. While you can discuss things at length in writing,
in face to face confrontations, the point at which nothing more useful is going to happen - happens a LOT sooner.