Double standard

BOP

Ted Cruz is the biggest freaking crybaby. The tweet and the meme aren't even that big of a deal and Ted is losing his #### completely. I really don't want this man to be president. What a dip####.

Speaking of losing their shiite, some of the people on the right (Tea Party types) I know have declared that they're not voting because it looks like it will come down to Hilldawg and the Trumpster. It does not one bit of good to point out to them that a non-vote for Trump is a vote for Shriek, but their minds are made up, and you're not confusing them with facts, by gawd. One of them even when so far as to declare that "Hillary's going to be the next President; it's all been decided, and there's nothing we can do about it. We can even vote multiple times (like progressives do) and it won't change a thing."

I wish I could say he was wrong, but we can at least go through the motions.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That can't be true. Did he pay them? No way would Ted Cruz find five women who would have an affair with him.

:killingme

Affair might just be the "nice" socially acceptable word for it. :jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Heidi's resume looks a good bit like Hillary's. Accomplished woman marries a rather feckless man who, against all odds, gets elected to office with the goal of them becoming president one day. Ted, of course, is no Bill Clinton - he lacks the charm, the warmth, and pretty much everything else in the personality arena - but Heidi isn't the little church mouse the Cruz campaign is trying to paint her as. She can't possibly have her career and be a mindless housewife and mommy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So - the National Enquirer apparently has a lot of dirt on ol' Teddy, as well.

http://gawker.com/national-enquirer-ted-cruz-has-had-at-least-5-extramar-1767002606

Before anyone gets all uppity about Trump and his past sexual peccadillos -The Donald has never run on a "I'm a sanctimonious Christian" platform. :yay:

Freaking YACK!!! :barf: You'd have to be some kind of hard up hooker to have an affair with Ted Cruz. Most of these philandering politicians are so gross and unattractive that I can't believe they can score strange. Ick. Ick ick ick.

TheLibertonian

Heidi's resume looks a good bit like Hillary's. Accomplished woman marries a rather feckless man who, against all odds, gets elected to office with the goal of them becoming president one day. Ted, of course, is no Bill Clinton - he lacks the charm, the warmth, and pretty much everything else in the personality arena - but Heidi isn't the little church mouse the Cruz campaign is trying to paint her as. She can't possibly have her career and be a mindless housewife and mommy.

It's part of the Cruz image of the proper christian family.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's part of the Cruz image of the proper christian family.

Which is the first and most blatant lie. Why not present Heidi for who she is? Anyone with more than two brain cells rattling around must realize that she can't possibly be as Ted is trying to portray her. What's wrong with having a strong, intelligent, boss of a wife? I'd think that would be a plus for Cruz, that he could get her to marry him.

TheLibertonian

Which is the first and most blatant lie. Why not present Heidi for who she is? Anyone with more than two brain cells rattling around must realize that she can't possibly be as Ted is trying to portray her. What's wrong with having a strong, intelligent, boss of a wife? I'd think that would be a plus for Cruz, that he could get her to marry him.

I think because he thinks the base he needs to tap into is the fundamentalist or tradiationalist christian demographic I think. I can't think of any other reason to do it.

TheLibertonian

Why should the sexual affairs of a man or woman concern me when I'm voting? Why should it concern anyone, if the activities were not illegal?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why should the sexual affairs of a man or woman concern me when I'm voting? Why should it concern anyone, if the activities were not illegal?

If they came out with it and said here's our marriage and it's none of your damn business, it wouldn't concern you at all. But when they get up and lie their faces off and sell a facade that is the polar opposite of who they really are, THAT should concern all of us.

Ted Cruz is being ushered into the nomination based on his "Christian faith" - that image is central to his campaign. If it's a lie, as it appears to be, then he is a lie. It also means that who he really is is so horrible that it's unelectable, and he had to create a fake image to get people to vote for him.

TLDR: I don't care about Ted's extramarital escapades; I care that he is presenting himself as something he is not even remotely close to being.

TheLibertonian

If they came out with it and said here's our marriage and it's none of your damn business, it wouldn't concern you at all. But when they get up and lie their faces off and sell a facade that is the polar opposite of who they really are, THAT should concern all of us.

Ted Cruz is being ushered into the nomination based on his "Christian faith" - that image is central to his campaign. If it's a lie, as it appears to be, then he is a lie. It also means that who he really is is so horrible that it's unelectable, and he had to create a fake image to get people to vote for him.

TLDR: I don't care about Ted's extramarital escapades; I care that he is presenting himself as something he is not even remotely close to being.

Fair enough.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Exactly. I don't care, either. However, he is NOT the Tea Party candidate he has presented himself as, nor all the things Vrai stated above.

Besides all that, I've always thought he was a smarmy little man.