Doves

Pooh31

My daughter bought a dove from Petco on Sunday. Tangerine Dove to be exact and it has not eaten? Should I call Petco or should I call the vet. The dove does not seem to be in any pain or hurting, hes been flying around her room.

Robin

My daughter bought a dove from Petco on Sunday. Tangerine Dove to be exact and it has not eaten? Should I call Petco or should I call the vet. The dove does not seem to be in any pain or hurting, hes been flying around her room.

Congrats! I was in there Sunday and saw some of the different colors, varieties. They were different. I cant help you there sorry but I found this link that might be able to help. Birdhobbyist's Forums  > Poultry, Softbills, & Pigeons > Doves/Pigeons

M

Mousebaby

Has he got a good quiet place to go and try to get a handle on the situation? Like a cage that is covered at night??? You are seriously not supposed to handle them or try to play with them or change their environment for a few days after you get them. Then your supposed to slowly introduce things to them. He is probably just scared out of his mind and needs to be able to collect himself. Try that for a couple of days then see if he starts eating. Good Luck :howdy:

Pooh31

Has he got a good quiet place to go and try to get a handle on the situation? Like a cage that is covered at night??? You are seriously not supposed to handle them or try to play with them or change their environment for a few days after you get them. Then your supposed to slowly introduce things to them. He is probably just scared out of his mind and needs to be able to collect himself. Try that for a couple of days then see if he starts eating. Good Luck :howdy:

I looked this morning and he has been eating. She has not handled him yet, but he has flown around her room. His cage is in her room and it is covered at night. I was just worried because her other bird did not act like this.