Down home rodeo/Gymkhana this sat in brandywine

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
Thought i should share this. A family friend of mine told me about it, but im not sure if im going because of the whole novices get a money added and the professionals dont :( I think maybe I'll put my bf on my horse so that way they can get me some money:evil: not really, he's never ridden a horse before...
heres what was sent to me:

Family,
This is a reminder that we are co-sponsoring a "Down Home Rodeo"/Gymkhana and Western After Party this coming weekend. July 17th, 2010 @ The Wallls Farm, 13301 Cherry Tree Crossing Rd, Brandywine MD. This should be fun for all and well needed in our area. Bring the kids, grandma and grandpa or the neighbors. Leave the dogs, unless on a leash, at home :) Fun to watch if you're not participating and definitely inclusive of all outdoor activity interests. Bring your lawn chairs! Here are some more details and additional information about this "Fun Filled " event:

“Down Home Rodeo” & Gymkhana
Gymkhana – Events & Conditions Information

Saturday, July 17th, 2010
10AM – Until

The Walls Farm
13301 Cherry Tree Crossing Rd
Brandywine, MD 20613

Gymkhana Event Registration Classes
There are three classes of entries at these events (Novice-Professional-Children).

Novice – Amateurs having never competed in a sanctioned or circuit Rodeo or Gymkhana. $20 Entry Fee (Money added to Purse).
Professional – Those participants, whom have either earned monies, competed on
a local circuit and or considered professionals at time of entry. This will be strictly
enforced by the judges. $25 Entry Fee (No Money added to Jackpot)
Children – All amateurs age 12 and under. All Entry Fees – FREE / Ribbons

*Any participant may Exhibit (ride) their horse in any Professional Gymkhana class for a $5.00 entry fee, however, such participant will not be allowed to claim purses in that class event. Professionals are NOT ALLOWED to Exhibit in Novice or Children’s Classes. All Events are “Best Time Wins”. All riders and or participants must sign a hold harmless agreement at time of entry. Child classes must have parental or guardian release. No practice in arena allowed at any time. No racing / sidebar competitions at anytime!

Gymkhana Events (Registration 9am-10am)
Barrel Racing – Novice $20 / Professional $25 / Children 12 & Under_ Free
Pole Bending - Novice $20 / Professional $25 / Children 12 & Under _Free
Relay Racing – 4 Person Team ($80) / 1st place purse only (Open to Novice & Professional)
Key Hole - Novice $10 / Professional $15 / Children 12 & Under _Free

Down Home Rodeo Events –(Registration Unlimited)
Greased Pig Roundup – Children Only / No Fees / Limited to Ribbons
Boot Race – Children & Adults / No Fees / Limited to Ribbons

BUSH RACING (350 Yards / No Starting Gate) (Registration 9AM – 1PM)
The Fee is $25 per horse entry. No CHILD RIDERS allowed at any time. Fastest Time of all heats Wins overall Purse. No divisions or classes. All entries must be approved via the officiating judge. Only 3 entries per heat, which is determined via supervised drawing. Judged and timed accordingly. Grudge match races and or additional racing will not be allowed unless authorized , sponsored and officiated by the promoters.

There will be additional games and or events as time allows!
No horses in the immediate judges area or the food court J All Participants / Spectaors _ Spector or Ride at your Own Risk

Spectator Fee $5.00
All spectators (Above age 12) will be charged a $5.00 fee between 9am and 6pm.

After Party & Western Dance – 6PM Until (B.Y.O.L & Lawn Chairs) !
Entertainment (Live Music and DJ) – Courtesy C-Love Productions!

Any Adult spectators (21 and over) are entitled to admittance to the “After Party and Western Dance” via their previous paid $5.00 spectator fee before 6pm.

Any Adults attending “After Party and Western Dance after 6pm without previous paid admission to the “Down Home Rodeo”/Gymkhana Events, between 9am and 6pm, will be charged a $10 admission price.

All Adult Gymkhana & Rodeo Event Participants – Admission Free.

Food and Beverages will be sold at all events.

For More Information Call:
Greg 301-642-9710 / TJ 240-223-7247 / Everard 410-586-1066
Woody 301-806-7262 / Cowboy 571-722-3055

--
Greg Freeman Sr.
Pres., East Coast Rough Riders
gfreeman@roughridersonline.com

G

GVF

$5 to watch at a show???? Now that's a new one.
I'm blown away by all the fees anyways at shows these days, but now charging to spectate??

Sorry, I don't typically comment but that warranted one from me this time LOL. I am glad I am not into the western stuff or I might be tempted to watch since it is local.

Wow. Is this to become a common practice now at shows?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
$5 to watch at a show???? Now that's a new one.
I'm blown away by all the fees anyways at shows these days, but now charging to spectate??

Sorry, I don't typically comment but that warranted one from me this time LOL. I am glad I am not into the western stuff or I might be tempted to watch since it is local.

Wow. Is this to become a common practice now at shows?

i agree about the fee, usually there is no charge. I believe its because they want to make it feel more like an actual rodeo, where you would have to pay to watch....