Dr. Alawode (How many patients does he have left)

wewefirex2x

Well, my wife is over 6 months pregnant. Everything is fine except for the arrogant OB/GYN. First visit was fine. Second appt. was rescheduled the day of. Third visit was horrible. My wife shows up and waits an hour and a half in the waiting room. When she confronts the Dr. about the wait his reply is (do you want your medical records). My wife states NO I do not, this is my first pregnancy and dont know what to ask even though I read (what to expect when expecting). The Dr. goes off his rocker at this point and says what do you want me to tell you. My wife states, let me know what I should expect as far as lab testing, sonograms and my changing of my body. She left in tears with NO solution. The fourth appt was scheduled and the day of the appt. gets a phone call that morning to reschudule. Appt. was at 3:45pm, changed to 2 pm. When we arrive (yes,I went this time) we sign in and have a seat. An hour and a half go by and our name gets called. Wife weighs in and is placed in a room. Dr. walks in and says, how are you guys, I state that I am a little irriatated. The Dr. wants to know why? I tell him you call the day of the appt. to reschedule and you still wait an hour and a half. The Dr. says you expect to have a appt. at 2pm and be brought back within minutes, NO 15-20 minutes is fine, NOT an 1.5 hours after appt. time. What do you want me to do. I stated that I felt you should have better bed side manners when talking to patients who keep your practice open. The Dr. says I will give you your medical records and you can find a new doctor. What an A**HOLE. He walks up to the receptionist desk and throws the records on the desk and says, give them what they want, they are not coming back. I was hot.

My wife had been seeing him for 7 years with NO real issues. What the hell has happened to this Dr. I have heard nothing but bad things since this happened to us from many people I have ran into?

We have chosen to file a complaint with AMA. Now we have chosen Hotchkiss and associates to take over the birth of our child.

L

lovemybaby1

Well, my wife is over 6 months pregnant. Everything is fine except for the arrogant OB/GYN. First visit was fine. Second appt. was rescheduled the day of. Third visit was horrible. My wife shows up and waits an hour and a half in the waiting room. When she confronts the Dr. about the wait his reply is (do you want your medical records). My wife states NO I do not, this is my first pregnancy and dont know what to ask even though I read (what to expect when expecting). The Dr. goes off his rocker at this point and says what do you want me to tell you. My wife states, let me know what I should expect as far as lab testing, sonograms and my changing of my body. She left in tears with NO solution. The fourth appt was scheduled and the day of the appt. gets a phone call that morning to reschudule. Appt. was at 3:45pm, changed to 2 pm. When we arrive (yes,I went this time) we sign in and have a seat. An hour and a half go by and our name gets called. Wife weighs in and is placed in a room. Dr. walks in and says, how are you guys, I state that I am a little irriatated. The Dr. wants to know why? I tell him you call the day of the appt. to reschedule and you still wait an hour and a half. The Dr. says you expect to have a appt. at 2pm and be brought back within minutes, NO 15-20 minutes is fine, NOT an 1.5 hours after appt. time. What do you want me to do. I stated that I felt you should have better bed side manners when talking to patients who keep your practice open. The Dr. says I will give you your medical records and you can find a new doctor. What an A**HOLE. He walks up to the receptionist desk and throws the records on the desk and says, give them what they want, they are not coming back. I was hot.

My wife had been seeing him for 7 years with NO real issues. What the hell has happened to this Dr. I have heard nothing but bad things since this happened to us from many people I have ran into?

We have chosen to file a complaint with AMA. Now we have chosen Hotchkiss and associates to take over the birth of our child.
I have been a patient for Dr. Alawode for at least 5 years, he has delivered my child, and he has performed surgery on me. He stayed up all night long when I was hospitalized for the surgery, to monitor my progress. Dr. Alawode is an absolutely AMAZING doctor who I swear by. I wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. I've been to a couple different OBGYN's in the area, and noone compares to him. Not only does he sit you down and talk to you about what hes going to do, how hes going to do it, what is going to happen, and on top of that, he tells you what hes doing as hes doing it. He informs you that it may hurt, or that there may be pressure or what have you. Dr. Alawode has the best bedside manners of any doctor I have been to in this area. He genuinely cares about his patients and tries to understand everyones different situations.

I only have 1 child, and he walked me thru my pregnancy. His staff was so kind to me during my entire pregnancy. I was a high risk, preterm at 25 weeks, and he had me in that office every two weeks, then at the end every week, monitoring me, watching me. He referred me to the best doctor in maryland for my condition. He had a genuine interest in my case, when he has thousands of other patients too. As for his staff changes, the only thing I can say, is kids will be kids. And not everyone is fit for a position. I dont know the circumstances, I don't know what your referring too, but I know a lot of younger individuals are at the front desk. If you dig further into this office, the roots of this office have been there for years. The office manager, the insurance biller have both been there longer then I've been a patient.

You say "how many does he have left" are you kidding me? Why do you think you had the hour and a half wait??? It takes time to help and take care of each and every patient. The office is SWAMPED and hes a one man show. He takes his time with every patient he cares for. I've been there, I've waited the hour to two hour wait to be seen. Not only does he run his office, but please keep in mind, that these women have to deliver. Dr. Alawode can not control when they go into labor. He has to be at the hospital also. So please understand that he can not be at two places at once. Rescheduling is going to occur if the doctor delivers these babies himself.
I am sure your wife will experience this as she goes to her new doctor also. That is, if this doctor is as busy as a one man show like Dr. Alawode is.

I wish your wife the best of luck in her pregnancy with her new doctor. But I really felt the need to send my experience with the best OBGYN in waldorf! Good Luck and I hope you and your wife are welcomed with a beautiful healthy baby.

Lovemybaby1

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I have been a patient for Dr. Alawode for at least 5 years, he has delivered my child, and he has performed surgery on me. He stayed up all night long when I was hospitalized for the surgery, to monitor my progress. Dr. Alawode is an absolutely AMAZING doctor who I swear by. I wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. I've been to a couple different OBGYN's in the area, and noone compares to him. Not only does he sit you down and talk to you about what hes going to do, how hes going to do it, what is going to happen, and on top of that, he tells you what hes doing as hes doing it. He informs you that it may hurt, or that there may be pressure or what have you. Dr. Alawode has the best bedside manners of any doctor I have been to in this area. He genuinely cares about his patients and tries to understand everyones different situations.

I only have 1 child, and he walked me thru my pregnancy. His staff was so kind to me during my entire pregnancy. I was a high risk, preterm at 25 weeks, and he had me in that office every two weeks, then at the end every week, monitoring me, watching me. He referred me to the best doctor in maryland for my condition. He had a genuine interest in my case, when he has thousands of other patients too. As for his staff changes, the only thing I can say, is kids will be kids. And not everyone is fit for a position. I dont know the circumstances, I don't know what your referring too, but I know a lot of younger individuals are at the front desk. If you dig further into this office, the roots of this office have been there for years. The office manager, the insurance biller have both been there longer then I've been a patient.

You say "how many does he have left" are you kidding me? Why do you think you had the hour and a half wait??? It takes time to help and take care of each and every patient. The office is SWAMPED and hes a one man show. He takes his time with every patient he cares for. I've been there, I've waited the hour to two hour wait to be seen. Not only does he run his office, but please keep in mind, that these women have to deliver. Dr. Alawode can not control when they go into labor. He has to be at the hospital also. So please understand that he can not be at two places at once. Rescheduling is going to occur if the doctor delivers these babies himself.
I am sure your wife will experience this as she goes to her new doctor also. That is, if this doctor is as busy as a one man show like Dr. Alawode is.

I wish your wife the best of luck in her pregnancy with her new doctor. But I really felt the need to send my experience with the best OBGYN in waldorf! Good Luck and I hope you and your wife are welcomed with a beautiful healthy baby.

Lovemybaby1

I know of two other OB/GYN out of Waldorf who will do the same thing for their patients.

Dr Alawode is a good doctor - my wife was high risk and he immediately sent her to GW and our son was born healthy...

Our insurance changed and we could no longer use him, she now sees Dr. Barry Aron in LaPlata - she really likes him and he is an excellent doctor as well.

Both have performed extensive surgeries on her and both of their bedside manner was superb. :yay:

L

lovemybaby1

I know of two other OB/GYN out of Waldorf who will do the same thing for their patients.

Well in all honesty, every doctor should be this way! I'm happy to hear that there are at least 2 others! : ) I haven't been to every doctor...just a couple of them! but thanks for the info!

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Well in all honesty, every doctor should be this way! I'm happy to hear that there are at least 2 others! : ) I haven't been to every doctor...just a couple of them! but thanks for the info!

Although they are no longer doing the OB portion due to the increasing insurance prices, I will gladly allow the office to refer me to someone else THEY trust instead of dealing with anyone in St Mary's ever again, if the time comes when I need to see another OB.

L

lovemybaby1

Although they are no longer doing the OB portion due to the increasing insurance prices, I will gladly allow the office to refer me to someone else THEY trust instead of dealing with anyone in St Mary's ever again, if the time comes when I need to see another OB.

I would allow a doctor to refer me, have in the past, and have had a 50/50 result with it. Some I liked, others I couldn't stand. I too, live in st marys, and half the people there scare me, I couldn't imagine going to a doctor there! hahaha!!! Anytime you have these girls show up to the demolition derby in short shorts and heels...theres a problem! ha!!:killingme

mcp2154

I have heard nothing but good things about this doctor. Hard to believe. I do wish this family good luck with their new doctor and baby.

jaie

So happy!

Lovemybaby1

I can't belive you thinks it's OK to wait an hour and a half to be seen. I would be pissed. That guy and his wife have every right to be upset. It was very uncalled for this Dr to tell them they can not come back.

wewefirex2x

Lovemybaby1

As far as sending you to the best Dr. in MD, I am assuming you are talking about Dr. Kramer. Everyone I talk to says Alawode sent me there to because he thought I was high risk. How can every mother I talk to have a high risk pregnancy that sees Dr. Alawode? Seems coincidentle to me...
The office personnel does change alot when you have a Dr. who does not know how to handle his temper. The waiting room is always full because he overbooks and has a excuse to leave early, so he reschedules your appt. I understand his job requires him to leave on occasion unannounced but 2 of the 4 times was not work related. The receptionist told us why he was leaving. My wife does'nt care much about Becky either. I feel most of the problems stem from the OFFICE MANAGER not doing her job!

When he walks in and says "How are you?" My response was I was a little irrated, when I tried to inform him of why, he jumps down my throat and says DO YOU WANT YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS? I am paying for his practice and expertise. There are plenty other OB/GYN's in the area that will gladly deliver my wife's baby.

Last edited:
I

Irish_Eyes

As far as sending you to the best Dr. in MD, I am assuming you are talking about Dr. Kramer. Everyone I talk to says Alawode sent me there to because he thought I was high risk. How can every mother I talk to have a high risk pregnancy that sees Dr. Alawode? Seems coincidentle to me...
The office personnel does change alot when you have a Dr. who does not know how to handle his temper. The waiting room is always full because he overbooks and has a excuse to leave early, so he reschedules your appt. I understand his job requires him to leave on occasion unannounced but 2 of the 4 times was not work related. The receptionist told us why he was leaving. My wife does'nt care much about Becky either. I feel most of the problems stem from the OFFICE MANAGER not doing her job!

When he walks in and says "How are you?" My response was I was a little irrated, when I tried to inform him of why, he jumps down my throat and says DO YOU WANT YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS? I am paying for his practice and expertise. There are plenty other OB/GYN's in the area that will gladly deliver my wife's baby.

I'm not sure where you're located, but during my entire pregnancy(I was high risk also), I went and saw Dr. Joyce Neal and her partner Dr. Nwadike(I think I spelled this right?), at their office in Leonardtown(they also have an office in charlotte hall). Dr. Neal has a very business-like bedside manner, so if your wife is hyper sensitive or it's her first baby, going to Nwadike might be better. Dr. Neal isn't really "mean" or anything, she's just very straight forward. Dr. Nwadike was the doctor on call when I went into labor and though I'd only had a few limited interactions with her prior, she was an absolute JOY at the hospital! She was very attentative, got me set up with what I needed when my water had broken but there were no contractions, and when it came time to push, she was right there, coaching and helping me through everything every step of the way. As much as I did like Dr Neal, I'm glad Nwadike was on call when it was time for my little boy to come into the world.

Honestly, I've never met Alawode, but thats because when I was choosing my doctor, I was told to stay as far from him as possible. I wanted Sbrocco, but my insurance didn't have him as in-network, and now he doesn't practice.

For those who asked why he's not practicing, I don't remember the details, but it had something to do with a condition that makes him unable to work anymore. I think it was a brain or neck condition or something. I'll ask my mom, she had all the details when she told me about it.

I

Irish_Eyes

I'm not sure where you're located, but during my entire pregnancy(I was high risk also), I went and saw Dr. Joyce Neal and her partner Dr. Nwadike(I think I spelled this right?), at their office in Leonardtown(they also have an office in charlotte hall). Dr. Neal has a very business-like bedside manner, so if your wife is hyper sensitive or it's her first baby, going to Nwadike might be better. Dr. Neal isn't really "mean" or anything, she's just very straight forward. Dr. Nwadike was the doctor on call when I went into labor and though I'd only had a few limited interactions with her prior, she was an absolute JOY at the hospital! She was very attentative, got me set up with what I needed when my water had broken but there were no contractions, and when it came time to push, she was right there, coaching and helping me through everything every step of the way. As much as I did like Dr Neal, I'm glad Nwadike was on call when it was time for my little boy to come into the world.

Honestly, I've never met Alawode, but thats because when I was choosing my doctor, I was told to stay as far from him as possible. I wanted Sbrocco, but my insurance didn't have him as in-network, and now he doesn't practice.

For those who asked why he's not practicing, I don't remember the details, but it had something to do with a condition that makes him unable to work anymore. I think it was a brain or neck condition or something. I'll ask my mom, she had all the details when she told me about it.

An update on Sbrocco... He tore his corroted artery.

MRCA

Dr Alawode is a good doctor - my wife was high risk and he immediately sent her to GW and our son was born healthy...

Our insurance changed and we could no longer use him, she now sees Dr. Barry Aron in LaPlata - she really likes him and he is an excellent doctor as well.

Both have performed extensive surgeries on her and both of their bedside manner was superb. :yay:

Dr Aron delivered both of my kids at Civista. He in my eyes is the BEST OB EVER!! I did go to Dr. Alawode after my 3rd miscarriage (b/c Dr. Aron didn't take my ins at that time) I was not impressed AT ALL! I to waited forever and kept asking question reguarding my 3 miscarriages after 2 healthy babies and he had no answers for me. I felt very rushed. I am currently pregnant with my 3rd and got insurance that Dr. Aron accepted just so I could go to him!

nayanddam

Dr. Alawode is a great doctor

I have been going to Dr. Alawode for 9 years and have never experienced anything like what wewefire mentioned. I typically don't respond to entries like this because I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on experience. The Dr. Alawode I know would not throw medical records at receptionists, is not testy, and always conducts himself professionally. I'm questioning this particular couple's behavior during the appointment and wonder if their frustration at the lengthy wait time may have caused them to behave inappropriately. Even if they didn't treat Dr. Alawode well, I can't imagine him having this reaction. I've witnessed him in stressful situations in the hospital with other medical professionals and he never lost his cool. I've never seen him without a smile on his face and he is just so calm.

Like others have said, and wewefire highlights, the wait time does get quite lengthy. However, I attribute this to the personal attention every patient gets when you see him at a checkup. He never rushes the appointment, always asks how you are doing, and always seems to remember prior conversations from other visits. He is a personable and caring doctor who is worth the wait for a visit.

In other doctor's offices I've been able to be seen quickly, but the trade-off was that I felt they never listened to what I've described and rush to quick medical judgments. Before going to Dr. Alawode, I had another doctor who said to me, "I don't think we've met before", when I went for my 6 week postpartum check up. He was the same doctor that had delivered my baby! I refused to have another experience like that when I started seeing Dr. Alawode and he's been a great doctor for me.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't want others who were reading this post to be negatively influenced by other comments on this page. I would recommend Dr. Alawode to anyone who is in need of a caring, professional, and knowledgeable doctor. When I have my appointments, I make sure to bring a good book or magazine because I am aware there may be a wait. I don't hold it against him because many other women want to be his patients as well. I know there may be times when appointments have to be cancelled because he is called to the hospital due to labor and other emergency circumstances. Despite him being a one man show, these instances are few and far between. I know he does his best to see me as quickly as possible and doesn't try to rush me out of the examining room when he has a waiting room full of patients. He treats me like he treats everyone else and he truly is a great doctor.

LadyCoyote

Sounds like he gets high marks for his doctoring skills, but it's a shame that he was not so great with the patient/bedside manner for this OP and his wife. I would have been turned off, too. Kindness and an explanation of empathy for waiting for so long would have gone a LONG way with me. Being a dick right off of the bat...no points at all.

LadyCoyote

When he walks in and says "How are you?" My response was I was a little irrated, when I tried to inform him of why, he jumps down my throat and says DO YOU WANT YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS? I am paying for his practice and expertise. There are plenty other OB/GYN's in the area that will gladly deliver my wife's baby.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree with you. I think your gut instinct says a lot.

jwilley

Walker
Totally agree with nayanddam

I have been going to Dr. Alawode for 9 years and have never experienced anything like what wewefire mentioned. I typically don't respond to entries like this because I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions based on experience. The Dr. Alawode I know would not throw medical records at receptionists, is not testy, and always conducts himself professionally. I'm questioning this particular couple's behavior during the appointment and wonder if their frustration at the lengthy wait time may have caused them to behave inappropriately. Even if they didn't treat Dr. Alawode well, I can't imagine him having this reaction. I've witnessed him in stressful situations in the hospital with other medical professionals and he never lost his cool. I've never seen him without a smile on his face and he is just so calm.

Like others have said, and wewefire highlights, the wait time does get quite lengthy. However, I attribute this to the personal attention every patient gets when you see him at a checkup. He never rushes the appointment, always asks how you are doing, and always seems to remember prior conversations from other visits. He is a personable and caring doctor who is worth the wait for a visit.

In other doctor's offices I've been able to be seen quickly, but the trade-off was that I felt they never listened to what I've described and rush to quick medical judgments. Before going to Dr. Alawode, I had another doctor who said to me, "I don't think we've met before", when I went for my 6 week postpartum check up. He was the same doctor that had delivered my baby! I refused to have another experience like that when I started seeing Dr. Alawode and he's been a great doctor for me.

The bottom line is that I wouldn't want others who were reading this post to be negatively influenced by other comments on this page. I would recommend Dr. Alawode to anyone who is in need of a caring, professional, and knowledgeable doctor. When I have my appointments, I make sure to bring a good book or magazine because I am aware there may be a wait. I don't hold it against him because many other women want to be his patients as well. I know there may be times when appointments have to be cancelled because he is called to the hospital due to labor and other emergency circumstances. Despite him being a one man show, these instances are few and far between. I know he does his best to see me as quickly as possible and doesn't try to rush me out of the examining room when he has a waiting room full of patients. He treats me like he treats everyone else and he truly is a great doctor.

I have been a patient of DR. Alawodes for over 15 years and have never seen or experienced anything like you are describing. I drive almost an hour to see him as I can't stand any of the doctors in St. Mary's. I can't imagine having to switch doctors. There have been a few fustrating times when he is stuck at the hospital or was called to the hospital and I had to reschedule and had already driven to Waldorf, but I look at it as if it we me at the hospital I sure would want him there....I have never had any bad experiences with any of his staff members either. I am so sorry you had this experience but this is so not Dr. Alawode!