Dr Tilley - OB/GYN Leonardtown Md

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Any thoughts or opinions on him and his staff? Looking into making my first OB appointment with his office. I know that folks love Dr. Polko and her office, but I would like to stick with one doctor throughout my pregnancy.

Thanks!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Any thoughts or opinions on him and his staff? Looking into making my first OB appointment with his office. I know that folks love Dr. Polko and her office, but I would like to stick with one doctor throughout my pregnancy.

Thanks!

I've only seen Dr. Polko at that office for OB and Ann Naru (before she left) for GYN. I would suggest that at least at some point, meeting any/all doctor's that delivery babies. They may rotate who's on call for baby duty.

sm8

Have you thought of going the Midwife route? There are two in Dr. Polko's office and if you go as a midwife patient you know it will be one or the other. You would also have to comfort of being backed by obstetricians if needed. I believe there are more than one Dr. in Tilley's practice also. If you have any questions feel free to pm and ask. I have 6 children and gone both routes with several different OBs in the area and the midwife's.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I've only seen Dr. Polko at that office for OB and Ann Naru (before she left) for GYN. I would suggest that at least at some point, meeting any/all doctor's that delivery babies. They may rotate who's on call for baby duty.

This is why I'm not too keen on Dr. Polkos office. I've heard some things about one of their doctors and I'm not certain that I'd want to deal with them. Dr. Tilly is a one man office. I'll know from the very beginning who is delivering the baby.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Have you thought of going the Midwife route? There are two in Dr. Polko's office and if you go as a midwife patient you know it will be one or the other. You would also have to comfort of being backed by obstetricians if needed. I believe there are more than one Dr. in Tilley's practice also. If you have any questions feel free to pm and ask. I have 6 children and gone both routes with several different OBs in the area and the midwife's.

Have you had experience with the midwives at Polko's office? Are they able to deliver babies? I believe that the midwife at Dr. Tilley's is unable to deliver babies due to insurance ( I think that I read this online somewhere).

This is my first pregnancy so I'd like for it to be as less traumatic as possible. I've read that midwives are a little more laid back than doctors and they tend to listen to what the mom wants versus pushing epidurals and unnecessary c-sections. I know that I'd like to deliver at St. Mary's - it's the closest hospital to home. I plan to take a tour of their birthing center sometime in the next month or two. I'm not due til December but I'm a bit of a planner.

Roman

This is why I'm not too keen on Dr. Polkos office. I've heard some things about one of their doctors and I'm not certain that I'd want to deal with them. Dr. Tilly is a one man office. I'll know from the very beginning who is delivering the baby.

If the Doctor is on vacation, the on-call OB will take over. It least this is the way it's usually done. I hope that I'm wrong. I had Mid Wife Births with both of my Children, and was very pleased with the care.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I hated Dr. Tilley. I have a post here on the forums about my experience, but I am on my phone so don't want to bother with the search function right now.

Anyone?

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Dr. Joyce Neal is the only doctor in her practice.

I've read some reviews about her and probably want to stay away from her. Her reviews are horrible and some of the folks on this board have had less than awesome experiences with her.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've read some reviews about her and probably want to stay away from her. Her reviews are horrible and some of the folks on this board have had less than awesome experiences with her.

Suit yourself. My sister and I have both been very happy with her.

sm8

My last born was delivered by a midwife at Polko's office. My best delivery out of all of them and my only midwife experience. I loved it and it is in no way comparable to an OB delivery. I was able to walk around, birthing tub, birthing ball, not strapped to monitors and even eat if I wanted to. It made it so much easier for me to manage my pain. She was also there as much as I wanted her to and told me if I wanted some privacy feel free to ask her to step out. They also take more time with you at your appointments and make it personal. Not rush you in and out and make you feel like your holding up the next person.

In regards to Dr. Neal is Dr. Kwadike still in her practice? My first born was delivered by Dr. Neil so many years ago and I really liked her but she is still comparable to the rest of the OBs. Dr. Kwadike is why Dr. Neils practice got such a bad rap. Had I of listened to Dr. Kwadike she would of killed my baby. She told me I had miscarried and was pressuring me to have a procedure that the baby would not have survived. I went for a second opinion and that is how I happened upon Dr. Polko's office. First thing she did was a sonogram that showed a healthy heartbeat.

sockgirl77

My last born was delivered by a midwife at Polko's office. My best delivery out of all of them and my only midwife experience. I loved it and it is in no way comparable to an OB delivery. I was able to walk around, birthing tub, birthing ball, not strapped to monitors and even eat if I wanted to. It made it so much easier for me to manage my pain. She was also there as much as I wanted her to and told me if I wanted some privacy feel free to ask her to step out. They also take more time with you at your appointments and make it personal. Not rush you in and out and make you feel like your holding up the next person.

In regards to Dr. Neal is Dr. Kwadike still in her practice? My first born was delivered by Dr. Neil so many years ago and I really liked her but she is still comparable to the rest of the OBs. Dr. Kwadike is why Dr. Neils practice got such a bad rap. Had I of listened to Dr. Kwadike she would of killed my baby. She told me I had miscarried and was pressuring me to have a procedure that the baby would not have survived. I went for a second opinion and that is how I happened upon Dr. Polko's office. First thing she did was a sonogram that showed a healthy heartbeat.

No. Dr. Neal's lawsuits is why that practice got such a bad rap.

sockgirl77

I did ... and the majority of info is from years ago. Doesn't hurt to ask for current opinions and experience.

I loathed Dr. Tilley. A friend lost his wife due to a oopsy on Dr. Neal's part. I happened to love Dr. Polko's office. Good luck finding a practice that only has one doctor. There are reasons that they have more than one doctor in almost every practice now. Shorter office waits and should you go into labor while another patient is going into labor...you'll be dealing with a complete stranger delivering your baby.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I loathed Dr. Tilley.

Why did you loathe Tilley? I keep reading that he doesn't have much bedside manner. I'm ok sacrificing bedside manner if the doc knows what they're doing.

My Ortho is one of my favorite doctors ... no bedside manner what so ever and most folks hate him. I love him because he tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat crap. Very black and white, no gray.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

She's been gone for quite some time.

sockgirl77

Why did you loathe Tilley? I keep reading that he doesn't have much bedside manner. I'm ok sacrificing bedside manner if the doc knows what they're doing.

My Ortho is one of my favorite doctors ... no bedside manner what so ever and most folks hate him. I love him because he tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat crap. Very black and white, no gray.

Having bedside manner while delivering babies is usually a plus. :shrug: