Draft Horse Pulling

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Anyone ever been to a draft horse pull? Tomorrow my family is taking our heavy-weight belgian team to a pull in Tuckahoe, MD! Wish us luck!!! :huggy:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
forever jewel said:
Anyone ever been to a draft horse pull? Tomorrow my family is taking our heavy-weight belgian team to a pull in Tuckahoe, MD! Wish us luck!!! :huggy:
It is the only thing I would go to at the local fairgrounds during the fair. It's really fun to watch. Those animals are awesome. Worth watching, I think. Good luck! Take pictures and post them.

R

residentofcre

forever jewel said:

Much luck... It should be a great pull.... nice and muddy.... and cooler days... I love to watch horse pulls....

I wish you much luck....

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
BS Gal said:
It is the only thing I would go to at the local fairgrounds during the fair. It's really fun to watch. Those animals are awesome. Worth watching, I think. Good luck! Take pictures and post them.

Sure thing BSG! :huggy: Usually my sister and I are the only girls who help hitch teams to the sled. Dangerous sport, but such an adrenaline rush!!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
forever jewel said:
Sure thing BSG! :huggy: Usually my sister and I are the only girls who help hitch teams to the sled. Dangerous sport, but such an adrenaline rush!!!
Next you should try to get your motorcycle license if you're thinking a dangerous sport involves horses. Try driving a motorcycle around these parts.......I love horses. Should have gotten one of those instead of a motorcycle. May trade my motorcycle for one of those big draft horses you can ride. I love them. Best of luck. :huggy:

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
BS Gal said:
Next you should try to get your motorcycle license if you're thinking a dangerous sport involves horses. Try driving a motorcycle around these parts.......I love horses. Should have gotten one of those instead of a motorcycle. May trade my motorcycle for one of those big draft horses you can ride. I love them. Best of luck. :huggy:

hahaha, motorcycle?!? I'm just trying to get into road cycling! Not sure if I could handle riding a motorcycle! :lol:

I've been to Tuckahoe several times. I've never seen the horse pull though, just the antique tractor pull.

Have a great time and good luck!

Lilypad

forever jewel said:
Good luck! :yay:
I'm surprised all the PETA folks haven't tried to put a stop to this.
Draft horses are spectacular to watch!
Good luck gettin acros the bridge in a timely manner!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Our team placed 8th out of 10, but we aren't upset about that for a couple reasons. One, our team wasn't as conditioned as they needed to be in order to win the pull. And two, my father broke his hand about a month or so ago, so he couldn't drive the team himself, much less work them. We completed the last pull we hitched to but decided to remove ourselves from the competition to end on a good note :yay:

W

WildHorses

forever jewel said:

I've never seen anyone pull a draft horse before, that sounds hard. :jameo:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
WildHorses said:
I've never seen anyone pull a draft horse before, that sounds hard. :jameo:
You should see it when the horses pull back and in opposite directions. :biggrin: