Drafts

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Middle of Draft season.

I have one down and one to go.

People seem to love Westbrook, I am not onboard that train though.

Tomlinson and Peterson would top him evertime for me.

Joebagel

Tomlinson yes, but Peterson had one good season...okay a great one, but has not played a full season since High school. and if you are in a point per reception league Westbrook puts up a ton of points and has done it year after year. I say he is a probable number 2, solid number 3.

DuffMan

Tomlinson yes, but Peterson had one good season...okay a great one, but has not played a full season since High school. and if you are in a point per reception league Westbrook puts up a ton of points and has done it year after year. I say he is a probable number 2, solid number 3.

The good thing about Westbrook is reception TDs and Rushing TDs and in some games he does put up yards.

In my first draft I had the first pick and took Tomlinson. By the time the pick got back to me I was able to take Bush. I'm not high on Bush at all plus I f***ed up because they both have the same bye week. I'm liking Jonathan Stewart from Carolina, that boy can run and he is going to start.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"

That is fine but the Eagles are going to be a debacle this year IMO and Westbrook always isn't the healthiest himself. Maybe I am biased but I do not want in picks 3 or higher.

Besides that I am in keeper leagues so I have to think about future years.

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
That is fine but the Eagles are going to be a debacle this year IMO and Westbrook always isn't the healthiest himself. Maybe I am biased but I do not want in picks 3 or higher.

Besides that I am in keeper leagues so I have to think about future years.

Art Monk is a definite keeper.

DuffMan

I had heard about Tomlinson but I figured he just had a couple lucky years. Is Steve Deberg still playing?

I don't think Tomlinson is finished just yet! Every team it seems like is going with 2 RB which make a player like Tomlinson good. He's not splitting his points with another back.

First pick who are you taking, Tomlinson or Peterson?

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
I don't think Tomlinson is finished just yet! Every team it seems like is going with 2 RB which make a player like Tomlinson good. He's not splitting his points with another back.

First pick who are you taking, Tomlinson or Peterson?

That was sarcasm about Tomlinson - first pick is no brainer - Tomlinson. I have never had a #1 in 5+ years of fantasy football playing in usually 3 leagues a year. All I want is #1 or #2 in the SOMD FOOTBALL LEAGUE and be done thinking.

I despise drafting in the middle. So many mediocre RBs that never do well. Like Rudi Johnson and Reggie Bush last year. I do like picking 11/12 with the back to back picks in round 1/2.

Cannot wait to start drafting......

Last edited:

DuffMan

That was sarcasm about Tomlinson - first pick is no brainer - Tomlinson. I have never had a #1 in 5+ years of fantasy football playing in usually 3 leagues a year. All I want is #1 or #2 in the SOMD FOOTBALL LEAGUE and be done thinking.

I despise drafting in the middle. So many mediocre RBs that never do well. Like Rudi Johnson and Reggie Bush last year. I do like picking 11/12 with the back to back picks in round 1/2.

Cannot wait to start drafting......

Yeah I was suprised to see that I had the #1 pick in my work draft. I was in the same boat 4 + years of nothing but 7 to 12th picks. Only part that sucks about drafting #1 is you have to wait so long to pick again.

I'm ready for the SOMD Football league to start. How many big money leagues are you in this year? Oh I'm going to get into the survivor pool.

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
Yeah I was suprised to see that I had the #1 pick in my work draft. I was in the same boat 4 + years of nothing but 7 to 12th picks. Only part that sucks about drafting #1 is you have to wait so long to pick again.

I'm ready for the SOMD Football league to start. How many big money leagues are you in this year? Oh I'm going to get into the survivor pool.

3 Leagues $175, $175, $35
1 Pickem league at $175
A few other $10 survival leagues. I wish opening weekend was this weekend.

DuffMan

3 Leagues $175, $175, $35
1 Pickem league at $175
A few other $10 survival leagues. I wish opening weekend was this weekend.

I have three this year and I think that's going to be it.

150.00, 50.00 and 50.00.

I will get into that $10.00 survival pool. I got your text about the College Park league I might get into that as well. When is the draft?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Well just found out I am picking 11th out of 12 in my upcoming draft this Friday. Looks like I'll be heading to another middle of the pack season.

DuffMan

Well just found out I am picking 11th out of 12 in my upcoming draft this Friday. Looks like I'll be heading to another middle of the pack season.

I came in second last year with a 11th pick. The good thing about that is you get two picks quick so you have to get your studs early.

Bad part is the really good RBs will be gone. You could get go for a QB, WR combo. If you could get a Brady-Moss or Romo-Owens type combo they sometimes work out great.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I came in second last year with a 11th pick. The good thing about that is you get two picks quick so you have to get your studs early.

Bad part is the really good RBs will be gone. You could get go for a QB, WR combo. If you could get a Brady-Moss or Romo-Owens type combo they sometimes work out great.

Peterson will be my "Keeper" so my 11th pick is really what you'd expect to get with the 2nd round 11th pick, probably draft a RB or WR there depending on who is available and the same with the next round or might start looking at Qb's by then.

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
I have three this year and I think that's going to be it.

150.00, 50.00 and 50.00.

I will get into that $10.00 survival pool. I got your text about the College Park league I might get into that as well. When is the draft?

Somebody took the last spot in that league yesterday.

DuffMan

Peterson will be my "Keeper" so my 11th pick is really what you'd expect to get with the 2nd round 11th pick, probably draft a RB or WR there depending on who is available and the same with the next round or might start looking at Qb's by then.

In my league I waited until the 5th or 6th round to get a QB and I was able to get Mcnabb. Now thats a pretty good pick up for a late round. I guess no one wanted him! I know if he gets hurt I'm then its on to option #2 E. Manning.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
In my league I waited until the 5th or 6th round to get a QB and I was able to get Mcnabb. Now thats a pretty good pick up for a late round. I guess no one wanted him! I know if he gets hurt I'm then its on to option #2 E. Manning.

I got D. Anderson and dreaded Matt Lienart as a back-up that was before Warner was announced starter.

turd_ferguson

nice marmot
This one college park league starts 2 QBs. It is crazy drafting. Figure 12 teams starting 2 QBs - that is 24 out of possible 32. Very difficult managing roster spots when trying to hoard QBs.