Dress code for parents

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Texas school's dress code for parents bans 'sagging pants,' pajamas, hair rollers and more

A Houston high school announced earlier this month that parents would need to conform to a dress code to be permitted to enter the school, a policy that has drawn media attention and scrutiny.

The April 9 letter announcing the policy is linked on James Madison High School's homepage. It lists an array of clothing that parents are not permitted to wear inside the school or at school events, including:
  • "A satin cap or bonnet on their head"
  • Hair rollers
  • "Pajamas of any kind"
  • "Leggings that are showing your bottom and where your body is not covered from the front or the back"
  • "Sagging pants"
  • "Men wearing undershirts"
  • Daisy Dukes
The school – which has a dress code for its students as well, according to Houston Independent School District – enacted the parental dress code to help create a "professional educational environment," Carlotta Outley Brown, the school's principal, wrote in the letter.

"We have to have standards, most of all we must have high standards. We are preparing your child for a prosperous future," the letter says.

MiddleGround

Does anyone else think it is sad that the school even has to implement this for parents/adults? What kind of rabble comes into that school on a daily basis to justify the need?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
In a city close to me the cops call the homos in the park doing that " Ball Walkers "
:lmao:

50+ years ago when I was a kid, adults dressed like adults and behaved in a civilized manner.

Its turning into a far different world than the one I grew up in.

Grumpy

50+ years ago when I was a kid, adults dressed like adults and behaved in a civilized manner.

:yeahthat: Look at air travel 50,60 years ago, it was a dress to the nines event; now it looks like folks entering a mosh pit in a lot of cases.

I feel like adults used to know how to do adulting better. 😕 I never really know what I am doing... You would think after being married, having a kid, being divorced, being married again, having a career, etc., I would know what the hell I was doing most of the time. But, I feel like I'm just faking being an adult until someone eventually notices. :jameo:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A satin cap or bonnet on their head???

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
:yeahthat: Look at air travel 50,60 years ago, it was a dress to the nines event; now it looks like folks entering a mosh pit in a lot of cases.
Back when I used to drive my mother to her church, the same look was prevalent even in church.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We saw that on the news and one lady was like, "We're adults. We don't need anyone telling us how to dress."

Me: "Well apparently you do....."

littlelady

God bless the USA
I feel like adults used to know how to do adulting better. 😕 I never really know what I am doing... You would think after being married, having a kid, being divorced, being married again, having a career, etc., I would know what the hell I was doing most of the time. But, I feel like I'm just faking being an adult until someone eventually notices. :jameo:

You are doing everything right, but make fun of your mistakes. Most people won’t do that. You are a doll. You will be ok. :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I used to volunteer for years at Darnestown Elementary, and Mutual Elementary. I kept up with the attendance/yahoo boards in the hallways. I never went there with rollers in my hair. Shame on who does that. Maybe, y’all can get a perspective, now, on why some children have become clingers, babies that never grew up, and adults that are still depending on their parents. That is not happening in our house. My grown children are on their own. Yes, we babysit, but that is a bonus in our lives. Our one, and three year old grandtots keep us focused, and make us laugh every single day. They are precious. God is good.

Last edited: