dress stuff

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I cringe every time I see "period" and "swimming"... SO....new thread.

I'm on the hunt for some proper undergarments for a special occasion dress. I've already picked thru Target's "spanx-knock-off" selection. They're good for day-to-day dresses. I need something with a strapless bra attached to a corset-like stomach portion with some kind of seamless bottom portion. Whole body spanx, essentially. I'm in between Victoria's Secret and Lane Bryant sizes, so they're both out. I'm hoping to find some place in a mall, willing to travel an hour or two, bc ordering online is a pain. I'd reallyyy prefer to try on first.

Tell me there's something more than Cache or Soma.

And Pete, no... I won't be sending pics.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would try Belk first, then Macy's. I've seen what you're talking about, so they do exist.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I would try Belk first, then Macy's. I've seen what you're talking about, so they do exist.

I never think of Belk. I guess I'm not a real Southern girl :lol:

Back home, right on the Connecticut/Rhode Island state line is this fantastic intimates shop. Everything was to your size. The ladies that worked there KNEW undergarments. They had everything there including swim suits. Back when I was a more abnormal size cup, I'd bought a couple swim suits with a built in bra that was perfectly fitted to me to a T. And several undergarment essentials. Perfect fit and quality every time. I am no longer that size which sucks bc those things were $$$ and after 8-9 years they're still in great shape. I don't mind spending cash on quality items like that.

acommondisaster

I'd take a guess at JC Penney's, too. They've always had a pretty good rep for having people who knew how to fit undergarments.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'd take a guess at JC Penney's, too. They've always had a pretty good rep for having people who knew how to fit undergarments.

Hey, accomm. I am glad to see you are up. I know you are at work, but sometimes I can't sleep! I have a ton of undergarments that Lucky is looking for, but that is not something you resell. :lol: As memory serves me, I did get those items from JC Penny back in the day. I am talking 30 years ago, but JC Penny is still around for a reason.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have a super fab spanx-y type dress thingy that I am pretty sure I got from JCP a couple years ago, and it is still in excellent condition & function. Definitely check out your nearby major department stores. :yay:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I think mine came from JCP too. It's by Bali and works great, while not sucking the oxygen from my body. I have taken off Spanx in the car on the way to an event because I couldn't breath :lol: