Dressage experts!!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I know we have some really good dressage people in this area. I have only taken a few dressage lessons, but I would like to take one on this new mare I brought up from Florida. I think she is a fantastic dressage horse, but I don't think she will make it as a hunter. I would like someone who really could tell me what they honestly think of her (not WD, an expert). I may continue to take more dressage lessons depending on how good or bad I am at it. My mom wants me to get into dressage. If you are afraid of getting red for responding to me then just PM if you know of someone. Thanks! :huggy:

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:
I know we have some really good dressage people in this area. I have only taken a few dressage lessons, but I would like to take one on this new mare I brought up from Florida. I think she is a fantastic dressage horse, but I don't think she will make it as a hunter. I would like someone who really could tell me what they honestly think of her (not WD, an expert). I may continue to take more dressage lessons depending on how good or bad I am at it. My mom wants me to get into dressage. If you are afraid of getting red for responding to me then just PM if you know of someone. Thanks! :huggy:

Try Michele Alexander at Begin Again Farm. The barn on the road to AMIT.

DQ2B

We also have clinics with Vanessa Swartz (FEI level rider/instructor) about 2 times per month in Mechanicsville at Endless Endeavor Farm.

showqueen74

Are any of these people willing to work with western horses/riders? When I was in WA I took a lesson a month from an FEI instructor, and loved it, something about it just worked for us. (also got me to "feel" the horse, and stop staring at her head) TIA!

IntegritysDream

Yeah Michele alexander (where i work) is also really good too, and so is Marja, I emailed Marja today, im waiting to hear back, but Michele went to FEI levels and if you want i can check with her too. Marja is REALLY good and shes good about giving advice, opinions doing clinics and everything with.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I know Michelle (I went to some of the shows she has hosted), but I haven't ridden with her. She's very nice and the covered arena (indoor with "windows") has mirrors all along the far short side.

As DQ2B said we ride with Vanessa Swartz twice a month, this is where Peanut and I came from on Sunday. Her website is new and still under construction but can be seen here - www.windsormanorstables.com (like my pictures? :wink:)

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
BZHorseMomE said:
Does Susan White at Wolfhaven Farm in Saint Leonard give lessons? She judges & does clinics so I'm guessing she gives lessons also. I know she has an indoor & outdoor dressage arena.

Here is the website.http://www.tregardocktrakehners.com/wolffacilities.html

Haha, Susan is a meanie and she'll rip you a new one for 20 minutes about your tack first. :lmao:

Nah, really she is good, but unless you like :wench: she takes some getting used too.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Phyxius said:
Haha, Susan is a meanie and she'll rip you a new one for 20 minutes about your tack first. :lmao:

Nah, really she is good, but unless you like :wench: she takes some getting used too.

:lmao: :killingme

showqueen74

Phyxius said:

So..........showing up to a lesson with a western horse in western tack is out of the question?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
showqueen74 said:
So..........showing up to a lesson with a western horse in western tack is out of the question?

:lmao: with Susan, probably. I can't be sure though.

But, she can wax eloquent about correct noseband placement and throatlatch tightness. :whistle:

Last edited:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
showqueen74 said:
But, she can wax eloquent about correct noseband placement and throatlatch tightness. :whistle:

neither of which I have!![/QUOTE]

Never saw a figure 8 nose band on a Western Headstall. Nope that would look a little funny. :lmao: