Dressage saddle question

DFSquare

So my beloved Aunt has decided to give me an amazing Christmas gift. It should arrive the first week in January, I think......a Henri de Rival dressage saddle! :otter:

She was planning to get very serious with dressage before she took a very bad fall. She has sold her boy and is not liquidating her tack. There's a bridle in there too but I don't know if it's the Parelli or not.

Now, I've been bumming horse rides with a friend here since we don't own any yet (although many of you have generously offered us free lease or free horses). I'll admit to being drawn to "the dark side" with all this western trail riding we've been doing. Even if I were to return to English riding, I was never a good dressage rider so I don't need such an amazing saddle.

WHAT WILL I DO WITH THIS WONDERFUL GIFT? She said she would not be offended if I traded it for something I want/need. How does one go about these things? I don't know the circut here or where to even get started.

I don't know any particulars on the saddle but I will post more details once I get it. I am just trying to wrap my head around the phone call and wondering where to start.

Thanks everyone in advance. You are the best group of horse people I've ever known. I just LOVE SoMD!!!!!!

fredsaid2

If you don't intend to use it sell it on ebay, tack trader or the like. Check those sites to see what that type of HDR is going for used to give you an idea of what to ask and examples of how to format your ad.

DQ2B

There is also a very active dressage forum called UltimateDressage.com where you can post an ad for free but you'll need to sign up for free membership.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
So my beloved Aunt has decided to give me an amazing Christmas gift. It should arrive the first week in January, I think......a Henri de Rival dressage saddle! :otter:

She was planning to get very serious with dressage before she took a very bad fall. She has sold her boy and is not liquidating her tack. There's a bridle in there too but I don't know if it's the Parelli or not.

Now, I've been bumming horse rides with a friend here since we don't own any yet (although many of you have generously offered us free lease or free horses). I'll admit to being drawn to "the dark side" with all this western trail riding we've been doing. Even if I were to return to English riding, I was never a good dressage rider so I don't need such an amazing saddle.

WHAT WILL I DO WITH THIS WONDERFUL GIFT? She said she would not be offended if I traded it for something I want/need. How does one go about these things? I don't know the circut here or where to even get started.

I don't know any particulars on the saddle but I will post more details once I get it. I am just trying to wrap my head around the phone call and wondering where to start.

Thanks everyone in advance. You are the best group of horse people I've ever known. I just LOVE SoMD!!!!!!

So exciting, are you gonna try it out before you decide to sell it or trade it?