Driver Improvement Class???

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Anyone know where I can take a driver improvement class? No smart remarks either. I managed to get an UGLY ticket in Virginia and was advised to take a driver improvement class before going to court.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Pixie

Do they still call it reckelss driving? :wink: Did you get points for it?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Pixie

Originally posted by Sharon
Do they still call it reckelss driving? :wink: Did you get points for it?

That's exactly what they called it. :biggrin: Points don't transfer state to state thank God! But they can still throw me in jail since reckless driving in VA is a criminal charge. :eek:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by bluto
Must have been a gay cop.

I'm sure he was happy seeing her coming and going.
iroc-cop.gif

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Pixie

Remember to pay the ticket on time. :wink: And find yourself in that class soon. :biggrin: Then you should be ok. I hope.

J

justhangn

Ahh, I can remember my reckless driving ticket in jerkwater USA Va......

I had it reduced to improper driving and it still cost over $100 and 2 points on the VA drivers license and that was back in '89.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cattitude
BUT!! I'll betcha your insurance company will find out and that's reallly the name of the game!

I bet they won't if I get the charge lessened to a speeding ticket. I got a regular speeding ticket in VA when I was younger and it never even made it to my maryland driving record. I just had a complete record pulled and it wasn't on there at all. Let me go find some wood to knock on now.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by justhangn
Ahh, I can remember my reckless driving ticket in jerkwater USA Va......

I had it reduced to improper driving and it still cost over $100 and 2 points on the VA drivers license and that was back in '89.

Luckily for me I was licenced in VA for 2 years and didn't get any tickets at all in those 2 years. Hopefully that will work in my favor. :angel:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Heretic
Maryland doesn't transfer points from adjacent states?

No. Now if you get suspended or revoked that transfers. They don't want you hoping state lines to get another licence. But since each state does their point system differently the ponts themselves don't transfer.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Luckily for me I was licenced in VA for 2 years and didn't get any tickets at all in those 2 years. Hopefully that will work in my favor. :angel:

Lucky you, I had 8 points in that lovely state in two years......they just loved me. :duh:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by Heretic
Maryland doesn't transfer points from adjacent states?

Things have changed quite a bit over the last few years. I'm not exactly sure if they have some sort of reciprocal agreement or not. I have a friend at work and her son travels the US in a band. He had a minor accident in the midwest and then a couple of tickets elswhere and his insurance skyrocketed and he had to go to a driver improvement class. (He lived in VA.) Point being is that this came down from his insurance company not through the MVA. So somebody was checking something somewhere.

Your driving record is somewhat different than your insurance record. Insurance companies issue points but they are different than points assessed by MVA and they stay on your insurance record longer than the points are on your driving record.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by justhangn
Lucky you, I had 8 points in that lovely state in two years......they just loved me. :duh:

That's the reason points don't transfer. In MD you'd have been suspended w/ 8 points.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
That's the reason points don't transfer. In MD you'd have been suspended w/ 8 points.

VA too. :biggrin: I just got out before they caught up to me.
tong.gif