Drivers ed?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Which driving school teaches you to pull half way into the right lane to make a left turn? There’s way too many people doing it for it just to be a stupid habit.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Which driving school teaches you to pull half way into the right lane to make a left turn? There’s way too many people doing it for it just to be a stupid habit.
In MD, you are no longer taught how to parallel park. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

limblips

PREMO Member
The same one that teaches you that a right turn on red (or a yield) has the right of way over someone making a legal left turn on green as on RT 4 south and RT 235. The northbound RT 4 does not have the right of way to make their right turn on to RT 235 and prevent people from entering Wawa. I want to buy a real beater and smash one of them and get a huge settlement for their stupidity.

Grumpy

I had heard that you didn’t have to do it for the drivers test, but they really don’t teach that skill any longer?
smh
After 50 years of driving, Covid, DMV, 2 LEOs and Real ID screwed me over, not going into the particulars(think I already posted that previously) but I had to retake the written and driving test over at Loveville...and NO, you didn't have to parallel park.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Parallel parking is no longer required, but you have to be able to back into a parking space.

OccamsRazor

The same one that teaches you that a right turn on red (or a yield) has the right of way over someone making a legal left turn on green as on RT 4 south and RT 235. The northbound RT 4 does not have the right of way to make their right turn on to RT 235 and prevent people from entering Wawa. I want to buy a real beater and smash one of them and get a huge settlement for their stupidity.
People turning right onto SB 235 from St. Andrew's Church road have a Yield sign in their turn lane so, they should NOT be flying through the turn.
AKA... you are 100% correct in your anger.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The same one that teaches them to come to a complete stop in the right lane on the highway to turn. :banghead:

DaSDGuy

My kids took drivers training just to get that stupid certificate. Their real training was behind the wheel with me riding shotgun. Over 500 hours apiece before they could take their tests - my car, my rules. Yes, they all passed the first time. Yes, they can parallel park.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My kids took drivers training just to get that stupid certificate. Their real training was behind the wheel with me riding shotgun. Over 500 hours apiece before they could take their tests - my car, my rules. Yes, they all passed the first time. Yes, they can parallel park.
Back when I took the test for my class A, they made me parallel park the damn thing. My question to the tester was "who the hell would ever do this?" but I had to do it to pass the test so I shut up and parked it.

I no sooner finished and she marked her paper and told me, "Now do it from the other side." :banghead:

DaSDGuy

It was in a parking lot, but yes.

Both directions. Sight side and blind side.

At least I restrained the audible "What the ####?" when she said it. :lmao:
And then you just double parked when making deliveries like everyone else?

Clem72

The entrance to a WaWa is an entirely different lane from the turning lanes. If you are sliding over lanes while going through the intersection you are in fact the idiot.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My examiner told me to parallel park, got about halfway thru it and he told me "good enough, pull out and drive to the next intersection".

That was the same examiner who passed me after I slid thru a stop sign on ice. Then he walked on that same spot and slipped and fell on his butt.