St. Mary's Co. Driving Paving Companies

kalmd

Looking for recommendation for driveway paving companies. Already did a search and found some older threads with companies to stay away from. Anyone had any good experiences lately?

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Just had ours re-done last week. A Plus Paving. Excellent price and the job is beautiful! 301-884-4900

glhs837

Power with Control
We had All Pro out of Waldorf repave (cover coat) the 1/4 mile long private road two years back year after 30 years in service, and three of the homeowners on the street had their driveways redone at that time. It's held up well so far, we are having them come out and sealcoat this year. I was concerned that the many "alligatored" sections would telegraph through the new stuff, but one of our residents is family with one of the larger civil engineers in the county and he confirmed to me that it should be fine, which backed up All Pros thoughts.

NextJen

Raisin cane
"alligatored" sections would telegraph through the new stuff,

Can I ask what you mean by this?
I had S Cooper Paving come out and do my driveway last summer. They dug up a lot of the old, existing driveway and laid new asphalt and extended a section of it for me making a nice new section. About a week or so after they had finished, we had some of the heaviest rains I have seen in a long time. It appears to me that dirt/mud/sediment actually washed up through the asphalt and has left a stain in two areas. The stains look like something was spilled on the pavement - but that is not the case. The asphalt looks more porous in some areas than others.

I called Cooper back to come look at it. The owner himself came out. He said he had never seen anything like that (I wonder if he thought I spilled something on it). Anyway, he said they stand by their work and that if I was unhappy with it, they would 'fix' it or make it right. I let it go and didn't have them do any more work on it then. With all the weather we have had since then, the 'stain' doesn't look any better - if anything it has gotten worse. I have a power washer that I need to break out soon and do some work and I figured I'd see if that will clean it off. If not, Cooper will get a call soon to come 'fix' it. I paid good money to have a nice looking driveway, not for it to have big stains in it.

glhs837

Power with Control

See above :) Our 30 year old private road had a lot of sections like this. The nice civil engineer explained that such cracking is caused by the roadbed giving way below the surface. Since ours were old and not getting any worse really, he said that it was okay to pave over them. That the roadbed below wasnt going to keep sinking. Since that explanation concurred with both my own research and the contractors own evaluation, the five families on the road went with a simple repaving with special attention paid to packing those sections.