Driving

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'd like to share our newest adventure.

This is Adina, our 3 y/o filly sired by Cocky Dock learning to drive this weekend. This is her second time in harness, and is a testament to the wonderful willing nature of this breed. She went everywhere we asked her, and never broke a sweat.

Driving is a fantastic way to build those hind quarters for the correct gait, and is also a great way to start a young one. We are now moving towards starting all of our youngsters this way because we are so pleased with how Adina is doing.

She's completely naturally gaited, and does a beautiful saddle rack already after just a few weeks of ground driving, and light riding. The video shows our daughter-in-law's aunt in the cart she calls the "war wagon". That thing goes everywhere. I just love it and am looking forward to purchasing our own cart and getting Hondo, Troubadour and the girls driving. :gossip: and I won't tell LeRoy but he's gonna get hooked up eventually and so is his daughter Bliss.

Dani will the first "grown up" Rocky into harness, we'll be starting her tonight.

YouTube - Adina learning to drive video 1

YouTube - Adina learning to drive video 2

Enjoy!

Last edited:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
She did really good! Even with the dog pestering her :wink:

Congrats!

Oh and BTW... that is one CRAZY cart you have there LOL. Ive never seen anything like it!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I WISH it was mine :drool: It's owner says its the best kind to use because the front wheels will turn 180 degrees, allowing it to turn easily with the horse, and doesn't require as much special manuevering on her part to make a sharp turn, kind of like how a gooseneck hitch works.

The dog is great for desensitization for on road stuff, and she's used to him pestering her he especially likes to hop up and kiss the horses on the nose.

mingiz

Horse Poor
I WISH it was mine :drool: It's owner says its the best kind to use because the front wheels will turn 180 degrees, allowing it to turn easily with the horse, and doesn't require as much special manuevering on her part to make a sharp turn, kind of like how a gooseneck hitch works.

The dog is great for desensitization for on road stuff, and she's used to him pestering her he especially likes to hop up and kiss the horses on the nose.

Is that DS driving? Kinda looks like her...:popcorn: