Droid Text Message Count

atheos

User
Wife said she received a message from her Droid that she needed to delete all her text messages today. Does this really happen? Had my iPhone 4 for a year now and have many, many aps downloaded plus I have never had to delete any text messages and I do send a LOT of messages daily. What's the deal?

SShewbert

What love is all about
Mine does it, then again I do not have a IPhone. I do have a Droid though, and if I text for a couple weeks and send pictures and things and do not clear it, it will tell me that I need to clear it. And if I do not clear it, it will not accept any new texts.

atheos

User
Mine does it, then again I do not have a IPhone. I do have a Droid though, and if I text for a couple weeks and send pictures and things and do not clear it, it will tell me that I need to clear it. And if I do not clear it, it will not accept any new texts.

This is great info. I thank you. How exactly does it tell you that you are over the limit? Does it send you a message or does it appear as a popup?

OICU812

I had a similar issue on my original droid. Txt Messages are stored on the phone, not the microSD card. If she's got a lot of applications installed and/or running she might be low on device storage. Check out settings->storage and pay attention to the internal storage available space. If this is running low, try moving as many apps as you can to the sd card. Hope this helps.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
my iPhone has 64 Gb of storage space ......... :whistle:

The amount of storage is not the issue the person is facing. They are using stock text app and have not changed their limit on texts. There are numerous ways to use the full storage capability but I have never seen the value in wanting to keep thousands of texts, myself. :shrug:

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
my Droid X has infinite storage space (that's what a card slot gives you) :razz:

My iphone has a cloud. Have you looked into the sky and seen how big the clouds are? I'm not worried about running out of room.