Droid X at Verizon on July 19th

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Oh, and Droid 2 is coming as well...like the original Moto Droid, but with a faster processor, better keyboard, and a little different style. Pretty much everything else should be the same.

My brother is testing the Droid 2 now (has been for a couple of weeks I think) and he loves this phone.

ylexot

Super Genius
Anyone grab one today? If so, how is it???

They had 60 at the California store and I got the very last one (actually wanted two, but they only had one left). It's great, but there is soooo much to it that I still need to play with it for a few hours to set it up the way I want it.

BigSlam123b

Only happy When It Rains
They had 60 at the California store and I got the very last one (actually wanted two, but they only had one left). It's great, but there is soooo much to it that I still need to play with it for a few hours to set it up the way I want it.

Well now I know why you have been so defensive of this phone. You were jonesing for it and didn't want to listen to any negatives about it. Mystery solved. ;)

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
Awesome! Look forward to hearing the reviews on it. One quick question. Is the phone awkwardly (sp?) big? I am trying NOT to go into the Verizon store unless I absolutely have too.

My wife had the Droid Incredible and the battery life sucked, even with App Killer and another Verizon recommended app... the most she ever got out of a charge was 11 hours and that was turning off Wi-Fi and Internet. She took it back and got a regular phone.

Work is getting her the Droid X - supposedly it has a longer battery life than the Incredible with the extended battery, and the extended battery for the X pushes it even further... we will see when she gets it. If it turns out to be a decent amount of time I will move to it.

Awesome! Look forward to hearing the reviews on it. One quick question. Is the phone awkwardly (sp?) big? I am trying NOT to go into the Verizon store unless I absolutely have too.

It is slightly bigger than the Droid Incredible and noticebly bigger than a BlackBerry. The top of the phone where the battery connects in bumps out, but it really feels good in your hand. I would not want it in a shirt pocket and bend over...

For the most part, it is bigger than other phones - not as wide as an IPhone, but a bit taller... a bit thicker and heavier, but it feels good when you hold it.

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
It is slightly bigger than the Droid Incredible and noticebly bigger than a BlackBerry. The top of the phone where the battery connects in bumps out, but it really feels good in your hand. I would not want it in a shirt pocket and bend over...

For the most part, it is bigger than other phones - not as wide as an IPhone, but a bit taller... a bit thicker and heavier, but it feels good when you hold it.

Thanks! I have the Curve 8330 (I know I know old phone) and it seems to fit ok in my hand. I saw the pictures of the phone, I agree, I think the little bump would make more comfortable. If mine isn't on my desk next to me, it's in my purse. I hate things in my pockets so that isn't an issue, not to mention the massive display screen. Would not want to crack that.

One of my best friend's has the Incredible and a friend of mine who works for Verizon does too and they both love it. So I am hoping by my upgrade date all the kinks and quirks have been worked out and get some sound reviews. And of course price is always a factor.

ylexot

Super Genius
Well now I know why you have been so defensive of this phone. You were jonesing for it and didn't want to listen to any negatives about it. Mystery solved. ;)

And you can't believe that anything can be better than the Incredible because you have one. :shrug:

BTW, it looks huge compared to my Storm even though they are the same width and the X is only 1/2" taller. Must be the screen that is 1"+ bigger. Fits fine in my hand and my jeans pocket...

ylexot

Super Genius
Thanks! I have the Curve 8330 (I know I know old phone) and it seems to fit ok in my hand. I saw the pictures of the phone, I agree, I think the little bump would make more comfortable. If mine isn't on my desk next to me, it's in my purse. I hate things in my pockets so that isn't an issue, not to mention the massive display screen. Would not want to crack that.

One of my best friend's has the Incredible and a friend of mine who works for Verizon does too and they both love it. So I am hoping by my upgrade date all the kinks and quirks have been worked out and get some sound reviews. And of course price is always a factor.

My wife is small and has an 8330. Her's was supposed to be here today, but looks like it is coming on Monday.

Lamini

Had a friend that was on that line in verizon and picked up one early in the morning as well and i connected to his wireless access point no problems. compared it to my original droid, no contest. no front facing camera was the only negative, but he didnt care for that feature anyway.

KingMeh

Anyone grab one today? If so, how is it???

Mine came yesterday. It's fast, the software is setup well. The touch screen is very responsive. I'm happy with it. I had a blackberry tour and I couldn't stand the trackball on it so anything is a big step up. I also have an ipod touch and I would rank the functionality of the droid x with that.

My blackberry charger works with it too which is always a plus.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
I went to Verizon Wireless today with my GF. I finally got to see an Incredible and a X. Not too shabby. We had to wait about an hour and a half to finally get nothing done.

I really Apple doesn't go to Verizon once LTE is released. VZW will ruin their name.

KingMeh

I went to Verizon Wireless today with my GF. I finally got to see an Incredible and a X. Not too shabby. We had to wait about an hour and a half to finally get nothing done.

I really Apple doesn't go to Verizon once LTE is released. VZW will ruin their name.

I've never had any problems with verizon. Alot of people want an iphone but won't switch to at&t

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I am trying NOT to go into the Verizon store unless I absolutely have too.

Don't..

Got to BJ's or Best Buy (BJ's would be my first choice). Usually no line or wait. You can't get phones serviced there, but if you are looking for account changes or a new phone they're MUCH quicker than the Verizon store..

QueenB

It's not HaHa time....
Don't..

Got to BJ's or Best Buy (BJ's would be my first choice). Usually no line or wait. You can't get phones serviced there, but if you are looking for account changes or a new phone they're MUCH quicker than the Verizon store..

I have a good family friend that works at a VZ store in B-More and I go thru him for every major purchase. He used to be at the BJ's down here but then got a transfer. I order any accessory from the website or amazon/ebay. Sometimes cheaper to go that route even with the company discount...

I had to go to BJ's last week and briefly played with the display. Not too bad, but didn't want to play too much because I suffer from impulse buying :whistle: So I will just wait a few months and revisit to see if there are any pros/cons...