Drudge:Dems laughing over Gustav

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
And its political football time. Obama at the 4th down with two yards to first with asking donors to help the future NOLA victims. Can he hang in there?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
And its political football time. Obama at the 4th down with two yards to first with asking donors to help the future NOLA victims. Can he hang in there?

And the winds are down 5 miles per hour more since this a.m. and the high wind forecast map for LA has shrunk further.

dn0121

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dem apologizes for joking about hurricane « - Blogs from CNN.com

On Sunday, Fowler told The Associated Press that he was making fun of comments made by the Rev. Jerry Falwell, who after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, said the attacks were God's punishment for abortion, homosexuality and other sins.

"I don't believe in a God that's vengeful," Fowler said. "I believe in a God that's compassionate."

"This is a point of national concern. I think everybody of good will has great empathy and sympathy for people in New Orleans," Fowler also said. "Most religious people are praying for people in New Orleans. There is no political connotation to this whatsoever. This was just poking fun at Jerry Falwell and the nonsensical thing he had said several years ago."

or believe this one

Political Radar: Ex-Dem Chair Apologizes for Hurricane Remark
"If this offended anybody, I personally apologize," Fowler told ABC News. "It was a mistake, and it was a satirical statement made in jest. And one that I clearly don't believe."

Fowler was secretly recorded by the person sitting behind him while flying from Denver, Colo., to Charlotte, N.C., following the Democratic National Convention. His conversation with Rep. John Spratt, D-S.C., was anonymously posted to YouTube and highlighted by RedState.com, a conservative blog.

"One doesn't anticipate that one's private conversation will be surreptitiously taped by some right-wing nutcase," said Fowler. "But that's the nature of what we're dealing with."

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wonder...

...if the Dems are prepared to say God just decided he doesn't like them any more, now that Gustov has 'decided' to not wipe out NOLA?

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
"One doesn't anticipate that one's private conversation will be surreptitiously taped by some right-wing nutcase," said Fowler. "But that's the nature of what we're dealing with."

Quote of the year.